• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Tuchel no, I agree.  Allegri yes.  Grant had the great advantage of a team well coached that was stuttering but not actually on a bad run.  But he did just keep it going and it worked well.
I agree we need something more deliberate, a tactical re-start.  But I think Allegri can do that.  We have all seen how Conte teams can collapse in a year, so keeping that Conte team working for 5 years (and 5 Serie A titles) and leaving it strong enough to win the title next year looks pretty good to me.  

And if he can get Cuadrado playing, I'm sure he can do a job with Havertz and Werner.

(But I'm secretly hoping for another Juve title winner).

There's a lot of negativity said about Alegri on here and I'm really not sure why.

5 league titles in a row, 4 double winning seasons, 2 champions league finals in 3 years and the league with AC Milan.

I've seen some compare him to Conte but from what I saw of his Juventus side they were not at all similar and he has shown he can keep a team together for more than 2 years before sabotaging them.

It's one thing taking a big team that's underachieving and making them instantly successful , it's something altogether different making a team successful for a number of years and having to rebuild that team in the process. I can't think of another manager anywhere that is still managing that has been able to so that.

He is without doubt my number 1 choice, if we are to replace Frank at some point in the future. 

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

He is without doubt my number 1 choice, if we are to replace Frank at some point in the future. 

And the story is that PSG wanted him but he demanded too much money.
I know that PSG have cut their spending a lot, but that sounds like he has other big irons in the fire.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Apologises mate, I know you and I have never had a run in and I'm being a bit of a tit over certain things.

Will try to keep things more civil in the future and attempt to stop going on about the same things, or at least not being others into it.

Thanks mate, I'm fine, just as you say been a bit of a **** year for everyone and I'm trying to juggle working shifts, the mrs working and having 2 kids to homeschool again. Its beyond stressful.

At least I can go fishing again from today so there's that!

Thank Goodness you're OK , enjoy the fishing and forget about all the daily grind , it's not been easy has it ? 

Stim   
48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And the story is that PSG wanted him but he demanded too much money.
I know that PSG have cut their spending a lot, but that sounds like he has other big irons in the fire.

But if its us, when are we actually planning to make the change? July?

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

(But I'm secretly hoping for another Juve title winner).

Shame on you Sir - the return of the Buffoon is a no no

(Dam - I took the bait)

chara   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Apologises mate, I know you and I have never had a run in and I'm being a bit of a tit over certain things.

Will try to keep things more civil in the future and attempt to stop going on about the same things, or at least not being others into it.

Thanks mate, I'm fine, just as you say been a bit of a **** year for everyone and I'm trying to juggle working shifts, the mrs working and having 2 kids to homeschool again. Its beyond stressful.

At least I can go fishing again from today so there's that!

I try to remember every time I set myself to post that I may be venting on here pushed by the strange new World we find ourselves in.

In many ways the forums are, if not life saving, certainly stress relieving and because we are all in our football world heavily invested in Chelsea at times opinions boil over and rifts become major land faults.

Martin.... "Apologies mate".......pretty much the mantra of all of us once we take a deep breath.....

Keep up the posts...noone wants you gone and I for one would protest at any talk of a ban on you although I don't believe the mods are even thinking that.

You drive me crazy sometimes but so do others but I do make a point of reading and thinking about your posts...which is why we are all here.

41 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Shame on you Sir - the return of the Buffoon is a no no

(Dam - I took the bait)

A true gentleman he is.  Shame on you sir.  

JaneB   
43 minutes ago, chara said:

I try to remember every time I set myself to post that I may be venting on here pushed by the strange new World we find ourselves in.

In many ways the forums are, if not life saving, certainly stress relieving and because we are all in our football world heavily invested in Chelsea at times opinions boil over and rifts become major land faults.

Martin.... "Apologies mate".......pretty much the mantra of all of us once we take a deep breath.....

Keep up the posts...noone wants you gone and I for one would protest at any talk of a ban on you although I don't believe the mods are even thinking that.

You drive me crazy sometimes but so do others but I do make a point of reading and thinking about your posts...which is why we are all here.

No one's talked about any ban, it's not even 'a thing'.

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

There's a lot of negativity said about Alegri on here and I'm really not sure why.

5 league titles in a row, 4 double winning seasons, 2 champions league finals in 3 years and the league with AC Milan.

I've seen some compare him to Conte but from what I saw of his Juventus side they were not at all similar and he has shown he can keep a team together for more than 2 years before sabotaging them.

It's one thing taking a big team that's underachieving and making them instantly successful , it's something altogether different making a team successful for a number of years and having to rebuild that team in the process. I can't think of another manager anywhere that is still managing that has been able to so that.

Allegri is a brilliant coach. But he is not without flaws. Negativity seems such a loaded word. It suggests that a manager is either seen in a positive or negative light, which is far from what happens in the real world.

I actually think he underperformed, or allowed his team to underperform in one of those CL finals. Real Madrid was there for the taking, but he allowed the game to drift away. Higuain was a pedestrian from the first to the final whistle. Whether he was too heavy to be subbed, literally or figuratively, I could never understand. Allegri can do a good job for us. But he would have to say goodbye to the cushiness he enjoyed in North-West Italy. 

Edited by Blue Rod