• Current Donation Goals

41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

why can't Aina play?

Good point - I read he was on loan to Fulham - which didn't even then make much sense because I thought he had gone and RLC is on loan there (1 max per club).
But on loan from Torino to Fulham, so I guess he starts.

So that has sorted their goal scorer out.

asvaberg   

As I went down in the river to play
Studying about that good ol' way
And who shall have the midfield role
Good Lord, show me the way

O brothers, let's go down
Let's go down, pride of LON
O brothers, let's go down
Down in the river to play

Edited by asvaberg
  • Confused 1

GURJ SS   

I think with most of our squad finally got and injury free, now is the time for Lamps to pick the closest possible side to his idea of his first XI. I'd guess it's something like this:

Mendy;

Reese, Zouma, Silva, Chilwell;

Havertz, Kante, Mount;

Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic;

Personally I think we have the wrong personnel to play 1 holding player in midfield sitting behind 2 attacking midfielders. Also when playing attacking full backs there needs to be more of a balanced midfield who is able to sit back and cover on on opposition counter attacks. I'd like to see:

Mendy;

Reese, Zouma, Silva, Dave;

Kovacic, Jorginho;

Odoi, Mount, Pulisic;

Werner;

I think we'd have more of a balance between players who recycle possession and help keep the ball, and those who drive into space and make something happen in advanced positions; without leaving us exposed at the back.

Jasonb   

With Werner in poor shooting form and Frank's position likely under threat I would start Giroud.

chara   
23 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I think with most of our squad finally got and injury free, now is the time for Lamps to pick the closest possible side to his idea of his first XI. I'd guess it's something like this:

Mendy;

Havertz, Kante, Mount;

Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic;

Personally I think we have the wrong personnel to play 1 holding player in midfield sitting behind 2 attacking midfielders. Also when playing attacking full backs there needs to be more of a balanced midfield who is able to sit back and cover on on opposition counter attacks. I'd like to see:

Mendy;

Kovacic, Jorginho;

Odoi, Mount, Pulisic;

Werner;

I think we'd have more of a balance between players who recycle possession and help keep the ball, and those who drive into space and make something happen in advanced positions; without leaving us exposed at the back.

Think the midfield in both cases would be too vulnerable to being over run as has been shown so often this season but the squad is what it is and very few options available..Gilmour maybe but young and not right to put so much on him at this stage of his career.

If either attacking options clicked would be less of an issue but to evidence to date shows liitle sign of anything really clicking this season...a glimmer of hope would be nice!

31 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Mendy;

Havertz, Kante, Mount;

Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic;

Mendy;

Kovacic, Jorginho;

Odoi, Mount, Pulisic;

Werner;

It's a nice idea Gurj but we all know, James and Chilwell will spend all day lumping in crosses to nobody if Giroud isn't playing. 

Rob B   

^ Kante is suspended for this one I believe.

I definitely think we need to change the setup, so I would personally go for:  4-2-3-1

Mendy

James*  Zouma Silva Chilwell 

Jorginho. Mount 

CHO.     Havertz.     Pulisic 

Abraham 

A deeper role for Mount, with a view to getting him on the ball for more vertical passes between the lines.  (And also because Jorginho doesn’t have the legs)

CHO deserves a start and Abraham should never have been dropped. 

* Assumes RJ has recovered from his hamstring injury 

Mendy

Azpi Zouma Silva Creswell

CHO , James ,Havertz  Mount, 

Giroud Pulisic 

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mendy

Azpi Zouma Silva Creswell

CHO , James ,Havertz  Mount, 

Giroud Pulisic 

But left field that, especially Creswell.

• Haha 2