• Current Donation Goals

18 minutes ago, Bison said:

He has no technical quality. You don't lose the ability to control the ball, pass and dribble overnight so it's clear he never had those qualities to begin with.

He can run fast and that's about it.

I think you can in a confidence dip.

I can't begin to imagine what that level of pressure is like when you're in a new country, at a new club and in a serious goal drought as a number 9 whose main job is to put the ball in the back of the net. 

I still reckon he'll come good.

8 minutes ago, chelboy said:

This is quite interesting if true. It seems he may be a very hot and cold type of player. 

Looks more like cold cold to me! 

45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

quoted just so Ham doesn't feel he is the only idiot on the forum.

🤡

Bison   
23 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

20 odd games in now. Have we ever signed a player who cost so much and has been so bad!?

At least the likes of Sutton, Fleck could do the basics. They were probably the right players at the wrong time.

If you could get £30 million back for him in the summer. I would snap their hands off right now. 

Bayern Munich publicly said they didn't want Werner because he couldn't play in tight spaces so had no need for him.

This is the same club that wanted CHO.

Meanwhile we've spent a fortune on Werner and have CHO warming the bench.

Must be nice having knowledgeable people run your football club.

Rob B   

Well, we made hard work of that! 

Observations for what it’s worth...

• Mount was brilliant, I think he’s far better for the team in a deeper position, for two reasons -

1) - Our deep midfielders are crap. They don’t sense danger or track runners and add nothing in attack. Those vertical balls whipped into the attackers between the lines that Mason was doing 2nd half are exactly what we miss. 

2) - It allows us to get another attacking player onto the pitch in his place.

• CHO and Tammy made a real difference. God knows why the former didn’t start. I can kind of understand Giroud starting on a small pitch with no space, but Tammy is by far our best striker overall. Presses, pulls defenders out of positions, links the play etc. 

• As someone has already pointed out, our FBs were poor. Chilwell has really dropped his levels after an amazing start, and Azpi was just awful. 

• The less said about Werner the better. I thought Ziyech and Pulisic were also quiet by their own very high standards, but both of them should have had at least one assist each today and therefore you could argue they both did their job.

• James, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi and Kante surely have to be back in for Leicester?

GURJ SS   

Lamps said that the team needs to click and then they'll be able to show their quality.

It might help if he stops rotating so much. It looks like Lamps wants to play:

Mendy;

Reese, ?, Silva, Chilwell;

Kante;

Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Pulisic;

Werner;

Or the closest possible to his team when players aren't available. But yet again we saw a rotation of players and also formation/system. We'll all have our own ideas of who should play or who shouldn't but by now Lamps needs to be finding who he prefers in each position and going on a 5 game run of playing them all together as much as possible; and only injuries meaning rotation. If anything after today's game Lamps is probably further away from that, because he chose Rudiger to bring character to the game; even though Zouma has shown plenty of that in both boxes.

chelboy   
17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Looks more like cold cold to me! 

He’s managed around 40 goals in that time though. I guess the missed chances make more sense now. He doesn’t have the luxury here to be out of form for so long and still get to start. That is where playing him back into form is probably going to be much harder for Werner. 

Just now, chelboy said:

He’s managed around 40 goals in that time though. I guess the missed chances make more sense now. He doesn’t have the luxury here to be out of form for so long and still get to start. That is where playing him back into form is probably going to be much harder for Werner. 

And in fairness why I was so hard on Tammy earlier, when I really wanted him to come on and bang one in the very first thing he did was fluff a chance and be offside at the same time. 

Werner cuts a pathetic character he arrive full of beans and was immediately demoted to a winger expected to do all the things a winger does and he cannot do them. 

We've ruined him.

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Bison said:

Bayern Munich publicly said they didn't want Werner because he couldn't play in tight spaces so had no need for him.

This is the same club that wanted CHO.

Meanwhile we've spent a fortune on Werner and have CHO warming the bench.

Must be nice having knowledgeable people run your football club.

The thing is CHO would suit the way Bayern want to play. There could still be a quality player in CHO. We don’t really know his level until he plays regular football for 1-2 seasons. He may just be a future star we don’t know about. Bayern recruitment has been amazing in the last few years and the way they are really interested in CHO is interesting. Bayern football is too technical for Werner imo but Werner is still a good player I think. Just not world class.