• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

At least the likes of Sutton, Fleck could do the basics. 

No they couldn't 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

20 odd games in now. Have we ever signed a player who cost so much and has been so bad!?

At least the likes of Sutton, Fleck could do the basics. They were probably the right players at the wrong time.

If you could get £30 million back for him in the summer. I would snap their hands off right now. 

Torres was also a rubbish player who couldn't do the basics.
So was Sheva.
They just got very very lucky at their previous clubs.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No they couldn't 

You could lump it forward to Sutton. He would back into defenders and hold the ball up and lay it off. Fleck would try and pull off into space, but was generally a disaster.  I wouldn’t have the slightest confidence in Werner to do anything basic successfully.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Torres was also a rubbish player who couldn't do the basics.
So was Sheva.
They just got very very lucky at their previous clubs.

Both were far better in their first 20 games than Werner. He has been abysmal. You’ll back him because he is very quick. Pace is very high on your attributes for a player.

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

And in fairness why I was so hard on Tammy earlier, when I really wanted him to come on and bang one in the very first thing he did was fluff a chance and be offside at the same time. 

Werner cuts a pathetic character he arrive full of beans and was immediately demoted to a winger expected to do all the things a winger does and he cannot do them. 

We've ruined him.

It's the reason I'm not being harsh on Werner, because Tammy got controlling a much easier pass all wrong, and in general it happens to our strikers more than it should. I think them being so isolated doesn't help, because they're having to control it and then make their mind up what to do next, when really they should have a few options so they can either use them to pass to or use them to make space for themselves to turn/shoot.

I agree about Werner, reminds me of Kezman, when he finally got on the pitch it was everywhere but the role he was signed for. But with Werner it's just not been justified, we had enough fit players for Werner to never be used as a winger in the first place. I'd agree that it's the management of him that's got him into this situation.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You could lump it forward to Sutton. He would back into defenders and hold the ball up and lay it off. Fleck would try and pull off into space, but was generally a disaster.  I wouldn’t have the slightest confidence in Werner to do anything basic successfully.

Both were far better in their first 20 games than Werner. He has been abysmal. You’ll back him because he is very quick. Pace is very high on your attributes for a player.

Don't agree with any of that. Sutton couldn't control a bag of cement. The play broke down as soon as it got to him. And he scored 1 league goal. Werner may be playing terribly but he has more goals than fleck and Sutton combined already. 

As for Torres..... Took him what 15 games to get off the mark? 

Appreciate it is frustrating that Werner is underperforming but no point in rewriting history 

chelboy   
17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And in fairness why I was so hard on Tammy earlier, when I really wanted him to come on and bang one in the very first thing he did was fluff a chance and be offside at the same time. 

Werner cuts a pathetic character he arrive full of beans and was immediately demoted to a winger expected to do all the things a winger does and he cannot do them. 

We've ruined him.

Agree on him struggling on the wings but what’s the excuses for him missing such easy chances? I don’t know if being played on the wings suddenly makes a player forget how to finish. If he wasn’t getting any chances I would put the full blame on Frank but with Werner struggling to control the ball and finish easy chances, the blame falls on Werners shoulders. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Don't agree with any of that. Sutton couldn't control a bag of cement. The play broke down as soon as it got to him. And he scored 1 league goal. Werner may be playing terribly but he has more goals than fleck and Sutton combined already. 

As for Torres..... Took him what 15 games to get off the mark? 

Appreciate it is frustrating that Werner is underperforming but no point in rewriting history 

I’ve said numerous times that I’m not judging Werner on goals. It’s also why I have never given him stick for chances missed. I believe he will score goals, it will all be slight futile though. because his all round game is shocking. Completely ignore his misses in this game. He still plays the game like that school kid in the playground who is far quicker than everyone else. No touch, no guile , no passing ability, little technique and now it seems he can’t find the goals that will make many ignore these huge flaws.

He’ll get goals for the club no doubt, but he’ll never be a top number 9 at the club. He simply is nowhere near good enough for that. He needs punting ASAP whilst another club will still take a chance on him for half decent fee.

Ham   
46 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

🤡

Only seeing his comment because you quoted it. 

Couldn't agree with your reply more.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

quoted just so Ham doesn't feel he is the only idiot on the forum.

What is the saying, set your own house in perfect order before criticising the world? 

As for the game, 3 very well needed points. Win away to Leicester and we only trail them by 3.