• Current Donation Goals

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Win away to Leicester and we only trail them by 3. 

Serious question: Did you see anything in this game that would suggest that we could go to Leicester and get 3 points?

Faramir   
2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Painful to watch. Week off and we still look so lethargic. And it looks like Havertz and Timo are on the scrap heap now as well...

There's that air or negativity around the club at the moment.... 

A lot more negativity around this forum than at the club.

kratos   
5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Serious question: Did you see anything in this game that would suggest that we could go to Leicester and get 3 points?

Pma Mike. Now cart me off to the looney bin.

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I’ve said numerous times that I’m not judging Werner on goals. It’s also why I have never given him stick for chances missed. I believe he will score goals, it will all be slight futile though. because his all round game is shocking. Completely ignore his misses in this game. He still plays the game like that school kid in the playground who is far quicker than everyone else. No touch, no guile , no passing ability, little technique and now it seems he can’t find the goals that will make many ignore these huge flaws.

He’ll get goals for the club no doubt, but he’ll never be a top number 9 at the club. He simply is nowhere near good enough for that. He needs punting ASAP whilst another club will still take a chance on him for half decent fee.

Completely different points to saying Fleck and Sutton were better

chara   

Not to enter into the Werner debate but no one has pointed out that the Fulham keeper got his angles right, as far as I could see, and whilst I agree wholeheartedly that Timo should heve done better it wasn't quite the sitter some claim it to be...haven't watched it since the game but it looked at one stage as if a simple knock across would have worked as there were Chelsea players steaming into the box.

5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Leicester is a different game. I’m trying to see the positives. Today we dominated proceedings (even before the red card) and we simply don’t put away our chances. The finishing has been bad for a handful of weeks now, maybe even longer. Liverpool, Man C and Man U have a lot of games where they play badly but win because of clinical finishing. Goals change games a lot. Us not scoring them makes everything so much harder. 

I’m cautiously optimistic. Not because I think we are playing brilliantly at the moment, but because I chose to try and add a positive spin on my life. Maybe the season will be a disaster. Maybe we can turn it around. I’m still hoping for the latter 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Completely different points to saying Fleck and Sutton were better

Well I never said they were better. I said they could at least do the basics and better in their first 20 games. If you initially replied because you thought I said they were better.  You’re the one who made made a completely different point with your initial reply, due to incorrectly interpreting what I posted. 

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

44 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

It's the reason I'm not being harsh on Werner, because Tammy got controlling a much easier pass all wrong, and in general it happens to our strikers more than it should. I think them being so isolated doesn't help, because they're having to control it and then make their mind up what to do next, when really they should have a few options so they can either use them to pass to or use them to make space for themselves to turn/shoot.

I agree about Werner, reminds me of Kezman, when he finally got on the pitch it was everywhere but the role he was signed for. But with Werner it's just not been justified, we had enough fit players for Werner to never be used as a winger in the first place. I'd agree that it's the management of him that's got him into this situation.

Werner's only attribute is his speed. 

Faramir   
1 hour ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

I think you can in a confidence dip.

I can't begin to imagine what that level of pressure is like when you're in a new country, at a new club and in a serious goal drought as a number 9 whose main job is to put the ball in the back of the net. 

I still reckon he'll come good.

Totally agree with this. Werner looked ok  the first few games of the season. Needs his confidence back.