• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Well I never said they were better. I said they could at least do the basics and better in their first 20 games. If you initially replied because you thought I said they were better.  You’re the one who made made a completely different point with your initial reply, due to incorrectly interpreting what I posted. 

Still wrong 

Both were awful from day 1. 

Sutton scored 1 league goal and couldn't control the ball. 

Fleck was just hopeless and managed 3 goals in 40 league games

Just now, paulw66 said:

Still wrong 

Both were awful from day 1. 

Sutton scored 1 league goal and couldn't control the ball. 

Fleck was just hopeless and managed 3 goals in 40 league games

It’s semantics at the end of the day. Rather than get hung up on a flippant post.

Tell me something remotely useful you have seen from him? £45 million quid for what?? 

His performances could be the same as they have been, yet with 7 more goals. I’d still be hugely disappointed because he is incredibly limited.

Do you want to defend Werner and tell me what I’m missing ? Or do you wanna get hung up on flippant comments comparing him to other dreadful strikers we have spent big money on? 

Faramir   
19 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Leicester is a different game. I’m trying to see the positives. Today we dominated proceedings (even before the red card) and we simply don’t put away our chances. The finishing has been bad for a handful of weeks now, maybe even longer. Liverpool, Man C and Man U have a lot of games where they play badly but win because of clinical finishing. Goals change games a lot. Us not scoring them makes everything so much harder. 

I’m cautiously optimistic. Not because I think we are playing brilliantly at the moment, but because I chose to try and add a positive spin on my life. Maybe the season will be a disaster. Maybe we can turn it around. I’m still hoping for the latter 

Excellent post.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite right.  It might be a small man called Maxwell who chooses which words to strike out with his silver hammer.

Ah yes. I think I remember him!

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes Pete but they're saying it wasn't a red card because it wasn't ten years ago. 

It is and it was, now. 

I've seen Chelsea players sent off for far less. 

Of course and nobody was saying otherwise IMO. All the same, I agree with Wayne Bridge and do think that Azpi made the most of it.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I'm going to test that theory at some stage when the computer is not expecting it. 

What are you trying to say?

Perhaps the algorithm does include reference to certain “privileged” members?

It was better in that we were good at some things, just generally things that don't matter.

Mendy taking control and coming off his line could well soon stop being a stick to beat Kepa with and start being a stick to beat Mendy with. He's a decent keeper, I don't mean to lay it on too thick, but he's not more than that imo.

Mount is by far and away our best player, even if he isn't scoring the goals you'd hope for. He'd be an absolute monster under peak Mourinho.

Laughable there's any debate about the red in the media. Awful challenge.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Leicester is a different game. I’m trying to see the positives. Today we dominated proceedings (even before the red card) and we simply don’t put away our chances. The finishing has been bad for a handful of weeks now, maybe even longer. Liverpool, Man C and Man U have a lot of games where they play badly but win because of clinical finishing. Goals change games a lot. Us not scoring them makes everything so much harder. 

I’m cautiously optimistic. Not because I think we are playing brilliantly at the moment, but because I chose to try and add a positive spin on my life. Maybe the season will be a disaster. Maybe we can turn it around. I’m still hoping for the latter 

14 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It was better in that we were good at some things, just generally things that don't matter.

I thought it was fine - by our standards.  Not if we are chasing a CL place, but for where we are now, and apparently where we are likely to be for the remainder of this season

Mendy taking control and coming off his line could well soon stop being a stick to beat Kepa with and start being a stick to beat Mendy with. He's a decent keeper, I don't mean to lay it on too thick, but he's not more than that imo.

There are pluses and minuses for both coming out too far too often, and for coming out not far enough and not often enough.
I'm not sure either are particularly wrong.  Come out too far and you get a lot of credit when it goes right, and look a complete idiot when it goes wrong.  Come out too little and you get criticised but no one says well done when you happen to be on the line to grab to soft dink that was all the striker managed.

Mount is by far and away our best player, even if he isn't scoring the goals you'd hope for. He'd be an absolute monster under peak Mourinho.

He is very very good.  But so are James, Chilwell, Silva, Rudiger, Kante, Werner and Pulisic.
For some reason he plays with more confidence than anyone else.

Edit: and Ziyech who also seems to have kept his confidence

Laughable there's any debate about the red in the media. Awful challenge.

Indeed.  The debate should be over the later yellow on Azpi that could have been a 2nd red.
It is on tele.  Children are watching.  They could be playing your son next week.

Well next year perhaps.

Edited by Droy was my hero

1 hour ago, ugogbuzue said:

Werner's only attribute is his speed. 

Not true, I accept the German league is not the prem but you dont score so many in Germany based only on speed. You have to control the shot once you get there. Thats not happening now.......Maybe its the grass .....joking