• Current Donation Goals

Faramir   

Lampard speaking about Hudson-Adoi:

‘There has been a real uplift in Callum’s form recently and that is part of his development. Now he’s going by people and showing a lot of confidence. He had to get over a serious injury last season. 

‘Hakim gives us something different, he was outstanding in the period he was fit when we were on a really good run, Christian always is a big threat. When those three are fit there’s normally one who can’t start the game, but they must come on and impact the game because you generally make substitutions with wingers. 

‘I had Leicester in mind, I’ll have to see how the players react in the next day or two, but in this busy period the players will have to accept sometimes being an impact. Callum is very exciting at the minute, he’s approaching it all the right way and he’ll get many, many minutes.’

Ham   
49 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Perhaps the algorithm does include reference to certain “privileged” members?

Say more words Pete. 

You're better than that. 

chara   
35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well next year perhaps.

"Well maybe next year".....is that the song line you were looking for?........appropriate ?

Edited by chara
mistake

Holymoly   

This thing we do of appearing to be not that motivated to win games has been present for a number of years and a number of managers. I don't understand it. There must be something intrinsic to the club that makes our players be like this. It's almost like if we're not running away with the league we're not interested in working for it. Is this the definitiion of a flat track bully?

chelboy   
55 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Lampard speaking about Hudson-Adoi:

‘There has been a real uplift in Callum’s form recently and that is part of his development. Now he’s going by people and showing a lot of confidence. He had to get over a serious injury last season. 

‘Hakim gives us something different, he was outstanding in the period he was fit when we were on a really good run, Christian always is a big threat. When those three are fit there’s normally one who can’t start the game, but they must come on and impact the game because you generally make substitutions with wingers. 

‘I had Leicester in mind, I’ll have to see how the players react in the next day or two, but in this busy period the players will have to accept sometimes being an impact. Callum is very exciting at the minute, he’s approaching it all the right way and he’ll get many, many minutes.’

“He’ll get many, many minutes” = 1 start every so often and many sub appearances. CHO should have started today and should start against Leicester. 

Ham   
16 minutes ago, chelboy said:

“He’ll get many, many minutes” = 1 start every so often and many sub appearances. CHO should have started today and should start against Leicester. 

I'm convinced he will. How can he not?

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, Bison said:

Bayern Munich publicly said they didn't want Werner because he couldn't play in tight spaces so had no need for him.

This is the same club that wanted CHO.

Meanwhile we've spent a fortune on Werner and have CHO warming the bench.

Must be nice having knowledgeable people run your football club.

Havertz and Werner are good players, and they would do much better if we had a proper football coach. But even if they fire on all cylinders, they would struggle to half justify the kind of money that we paid for them.

Leipzig were desperate to sell Werner, and they probably used Klopp to con us to up the bid for him. 

As for Havertz, you spend £75m for an all commanding all-round midfield maestro. (and how we could do with one right now) Havertz is not and will never be that kind of player. If Mount can add a bit more end product to his football, a proper manager would struggle to fit Havertz in this team

Edited by Blue Rod

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Say more words Pete. 

You're better than that. 

Oh right. This is obviously not something I know. It's just hypothetical guesswork. You said that the “unacceptable words” might be listed in an algorithm and that, therefore, if a poster uses a word on the list in their content then it would be automatically flagged by the said algorithm, rather than be left to the vigilance of a mod. That is what you meant isn't it?

OK. But then tonight you noted that our friend Mark was guilty of venturing into “blue” territory and his contribution had escaped being flagged. Now I've noticed previously that there have been other occasions when someone has posted a “naughty” word and it has not been flagged. On those occasions I have usually made a point of noting which poster was the author. 

Now here I want to assure the posters I'm about to mention that I intend nothing personal with respect to them. I'm just using them as examples. My first case would be Droy, who I've sometimes noticed uses either an actually written blue word or perhaps an asterisked modification of one in  their content without being called on it. And you see in his case, because, as I'm sure we'd all agree, he contributes such a prolific volume of content to our Forum, he might be treated more leniently than other posters. After all, imagine if he were to be banned. There would be a significant reduction in the number of posts circulating wouldn't there?

There are other examples who might be treated more leniently, because of the length of their service on here and/or their level of popularity and recognition. Mark, who you mentioned yourself tonight would be one of those. Chara would be another. I've certainly seen Chara commit a misdemeanour of this type before and again it's passed without comment. There are or have been no doubt others. Who knows? Maybe even yourself?

So you see the algorithm you suggest might not merely contain a list of naughty words. It might also contain the names of some members whose misdemeanours are to be treated differently. Just a thought to suggest how some posts might affect censorship. I'd like to stress again that I bear no grudge to anyone I've mentioned in this post. Not at all. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, all censorship is extremely counter-productive anyway and, given that “bad language” and slang is very much of its time, then any attempt to control posting should be implemented on the basis of its context and applicability to what's under discussion, rather than be an enforcement from a fixed list of words from way back, many of which might have, by now, become accepted as normal in our society. 

chara   

Wow!  to be mentioned in the same breath and same misdemeanour as Droy......my cup overfloweth, I have ARRIVED!!!

• Haha 1