• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Faramir   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mostly because we don't need him to.  But you could ask the same question about James, Silva, zouma, Jorginho, Tammy, Giroud, Werner, Havertz, Azpi.  Most of our players get rested when we play 2 games in 3 days.  Mendy, Chilwell (no close alternative) Kante sometimes and Mount are the exceptions.

We have only played two games in three days once this season. (26th and 28th of December).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chara said:

Ahh PR....lost an old friend last week to Covid......in such times this forum brings a modicum of relief...Thanks for helping.

 

My commiserations Chara and my best wishes to yourself and your family from here on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

No chara, really it doesn't. This is a football forum, designed to discuss the ups and downs of our football team/club. This is why we exist

Point taken MT but no need to be so churlish. 

The best of this forum is shown by the personal interactions as well as football "discussions".

If you disagree or think my posts need censure then fine. 

But to be honest I think you are out of line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Faramir said:

CHO came on whem we were 0-0 and his pass began the move that led to our goal.

I like Odoii and he perhaps deserves a run but he was only loosely involved in the goal yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chara said:

Point taken MT but no need to be so churlish. 

The best of this forum is shown by the personal interactions as well as football "discussions".

If you disagree or think my posts need censure then fine. 

But to be honest I think you are out of line.

And I agree with you Chara. The extra-curricular posts that crop up from time to time on here are very welcome I think. They reveal facets of a poster's personality and even vitality. The interactions also add an energy and esprit de Corps amongst the membership I think and I hope they continue.

This is a forum centred around a shared interest in a football club and that's understood I think. The essential element of the Forum, that which makes it continue to exist, is the posts which members contribute. Posts from posters and over the years that I've been a contributor we have lost a number of good contributors. I believe that this may be to some extent at least due to the rules which persist over our interactions. They're unnecessarily rigid and, in the case of the attitude to some terms of expression which are outlawed, screamingly anachronistic. There is also another impediment to the cut and thrust of a debate by the, (admittedly well intended), “stay on thread” policy. Recently I have seen an energetic exchange between 2 posters interrupted by a mod who asserted that a contribution which had emerged within the interaction should have been posted in another, more appropriate thread. That would be have been counter-productive in my view. It would have completely punctured  the energy which had been created by the debate. 
 

And it's that energy which I'm anxious to see preserved. Certainly above and beyond the top-heavy implementation of rigidly held, static rules which have the effect of destroying some really good and so welcome banter between us. I also enjoy posters exchanging information about themselves in a wider context than that focussed on purely football related matters. It enables us to get to know each other and progress our relationships.

Edited by PeteRobbo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

Our right side was a bit anonymous. Neither Pulisic or Kova had good games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
Just now, Sciatika said:

Our right side was a bit anonymous. Neither Pulisic or Kova had good games.

I for one felt "lost" watching the game...little ditty in my head on the left..."One two over the top..one two over the top"....on the right until CHO ,,,nothing...

Although slightly more mellow now I hate seeing Chelsea lose and I still hate the "Played well but lost"........no real glimmer of hope yesterday...."plucky" 10 man Fulham...maybe but Chelsea had the beating of them with the side put out but not the solutions.

Bemused when Tammy came on and Giroud stayed on...just what a heavily defended area needed!

I hate to sound so "back in my day" because it is now BUT apart from subtle stuff occasionaly and a bit from CHO where was the "sunshine and smile" that the likes of Cookie and Zola brought to a game?....nothing at the minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chara said:

I hate to sound so "back in my day" because it is now BUT apart from subtle stuff occasionaly and a bit from CHO where was the "sunshine and smile" that the likes of Cookie and Zola brought to a game?....nothing at the minute.

I thought Ziyech played with a lot of sense fun.


In retrospect his first rather pointless corner (straight to Mount on the edge of the box who had a shot blocked) and a short 2nd one had a purpose.  Though at the time I thought they were just a waste.
From then on we stuck to the high "Zouma" ball from Mount from then on.  With the advantage that one man was covering a short corner, one man the ball the the shooter at the edge of the box, and fewer men were blocking our big leapers.  A rare development in our corner taking.  Curious who thought that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faramir said:

CHO came on whem we were 0-0 and his pass began the move that led to our goal.

He immediately added something. Skill, drive and confidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

And I agree with you Chara. The extra-curricular posts that crop up from time to time on here are very welcome I think. They reveal facets of a poster's personality and even vitality. The interactions also add an energy and esprit de Corps amongst the membership I think and I hope they continue.

This is a forum centred around a shared interest in a football club and that's understood I think. The essential element of the Forum, that which makes it continue to exist, is the posts which members contribute. Posts from posters and over the years that I've been a contributor we have lost a number of good contributors. I believe that this may be to some extent at least due to the rules which persist over our interactions. They're unnecessarily rigid and, in the case of the attitude to some terms of expression which are outlawed, screamingly anachronistic. There is also another impediment to the cut and thrust of a debate by the, (admittedly well intended), “stay on thread” policy. Recently I have seen an energetic exchange between 2 posters interrupted by a mod who asserted that a contribution which had emerged within the interaction should have been posted in another, more appropriate thread. That would be have been counter-productive in my view. It would have completely punctured  the energy which had been created by the debate. 
 

And it's that energy which I'm anxious to see preserved. Certainly above and beyond the top-heavy implementation of rigidly held, static rules which have the effect of destroying some really good and so welcome banter between us. I also enjoy posters exchanging information about themselves in a wider context than that focussed on purely football related matters. It enables us to get to know each other and progress our relationships.

Well said Pete and I absolutely agree on every point you make and it outlines why I’ve been coming back for so many years.

For most in here we’re all unknown to each other in real life and yet it often feels very ‘human’ in here, which cannot be said for many other forums I’ve seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now