• Current Donation Goals

6 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

O-kay

I gather you disagree. I’m far from alone thinking Mount is our best player. Seen over the course of the last 18 months it’s not even a contest. I’m not sure if there are any challengers even. Sure, we have a few players who have been on form for a few weeks or maybe even months here and there. Mount has been consistently churning out 7-8/10 performances for a good 6-8 months now. 

GURJ SS   
21 hours ago, ugogbuzue said:

Werner's only attribute is his speed. 

If true, that makes Lamp's decision to play him as a left mid even worse than it looks. Our main issue with our striker is that he's too isolated, regardless of who it is, and in the end we rely on target man football to get anything from a game. We seem to be the only top club in the league who keeps having to rely on target man football to get a result, that says more about our creative players than it does about the strikers.

4 hours ago, chara said:

Point taken MT but no need to be so churlish. 

'Churlish'? Seriously chara, you surprise me.

My comment wasn't a criticism of your post, simply and observation as to why this forums have strength. 

4 hours ago, chara said:

The best of this forum is shown by the personal interactions as well as football "discussions".

But primarily, it is a football forum. 

4 hours ago, chara said:

If you disagree or think my posts need censure then fine. 

If I did, I would. Thanks for the advice,

4 hours ago, chara said:

But to be honest I think you are out of line.

Again, you surprise me.

chara   
30 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

“Walk a mile” Chara? Sorry old chap. Don't understand your banter?

Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you comment on their limp....the last bit I added....

27 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I gather you disagree. I’m far from alone thinking Mount is our best player. Seen over the course of the last 18 months it’s not even a contest. I’m not sure if there are any challengers even. Sure, we have a few players who have been on form for a few weeks or maybe even months here and there. Mount has been consistently churning out 7-8/10 performances for a good 6-8 months now. 

Couldn't disagree with your view. He's surprised me, tbh, and that's a good thing!

Ham   
4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

My comment wasn't a criticism of your post, simply and observation as to why this forums have strength. 

Again, you surprise me.

I'm sorry MT but your response to Chara's post was really odd and inappropriate. Came across as really cold.

Screenshot_20210117-194353_Samsung Internet.jpg

chara   
1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Again, you surprise me.

I'm in truth pretty thick skinned MT ..I took your point but felt you were somewhat heavy handed and sort of missed the point I was clumsily trying to make.

I could say you surprised me as although you can be a bit "strict" you are usually very fair.

No one is more appreciative of the work you and your fellow mods do to keep this forum going.

Water under the bridge now?

8 minutes ago, chara said:

Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you comment on their limp....the last bit I added....

Ah right. To be clear, I was not criticising the performance of current mods. Rather I was calling into question whether the rules of conduct that they were implementing are still appropriate.

chara   
8 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ah right. To be clear, I was not criticising the performance of current mods. Rather I was calling into question whether the rules of conduct that they were implementing are still appropriate.

Again ..point taken..perhaps MT or Jane could lay out what "rules of conduct" are in place or what has come to be a set of rules.

Not mean't as any dig at the mods or you PR.....maybe a discussion on here in a seperate post section would clear up whatever confusion is current.

NOT trying to put more work on the mods but lets get some sense of what is needed and put an end to misunderstandings.