• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

chara   
13 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Absolutely.

A true Gentleman's response..thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I gather you disagree. I’m far from alone thinking Mount is our best player. Seen over the course of the last 18 months it’s not even a contest. I’m not sure if there are any challengers even. Sure, we have a few players who have been on form for a few weeks or maybe even months here and there. Mount has been consistently churning out 7-8/10 performances for a good 6-8 months now. 

Lol. I can see that you will never rest till write in bold and block and human ink that Mason Mount is the absolute best thing since the late Diego Maradona hung his boots. Even when  I praise him, you have to remind me of when I criticised him a while ago.

I think Mason has done well in a sea of mediocrity. And we can't fault him for the fact that he is surrounded by such dire performances match in match out. Nor can we blame him for the fact that our midfield like our entire team simply makes it up as it goes. 

But let's be objective; if the likes of Havertz, Pulisic, Jorginho and Kovacic were playing the football that we know they are capable of, and have watched them play, I am not so sure we would be talking so much about the recent performances of Mason Mount. He is not exactly creating goal chances or scoring them with each flick of a boot. Decent, yes, but nothing exceptional, I'm sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, chara said:

Again ..point taken..perhaps MT or Jane could lay out what "rules of conduct" are in place or what has come to be a set of rules.

Not mean't as any dig at the mods or you PR.....maybe a discussion on here in a seperate post section would clear up whatever confusion is current.

NOT trying to put more work on the mods but lets get some sense of what is needed and put an end to misunderstandings.

Well, from my own point of view Chara, I don't think there are any misunderstandings. It's more the case that I believe there to  be a clear difference of opinion. The Forum's activities are currently run according to a set of standards that were founded a long time ago and, in my opinion, are no longer fit for purpose in that the world has moved on by many leagues since they were implemented. I believe that the rules of conduct of any membership organisation should be open to evaluation and comment by its members, rather than set in stone and never reviewed.  A policy such as that is very likely to kill the ongoing evolution of the organisation and act as an impediment to its continual development. I believe that those factors may result in the continuation of people dropping out of it.

With those views in mind, all I've done in these few posts is to make clear my opinions about the current characteristics of the Forum. I believe there to be too much unnecessary censorship and too much autocratic and inflexible dogmatism in its administration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

With those views in mind, all I've done in these few posts is to make clear my opinions about the current characteristics of the Forum.

The 'current characteristics'? Go on Pete, explain what they are, as I'm sure we'd all like to know.

12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I believe there to be too much unnecessary censorship

There's barely any 'censorship' at all. 

12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

and too much autocratic and inflexible dogmatism in its administration. 

What? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well, from my own point of view Chara, I don't think there are any misunderstandings. It's more the case that I believe there to  be a clear difference of opinion. The Forum's activities are currently run according to a set of standards that were founded a long time ago and, in my opinion, are no longer fit for purpose in that the world has moved on by many leagues since they were implemented. I believe that the rules of conduct of any membership organisation should be open to evaluation and comment by its members, rather than set in stone and never reviewed.  A policy such as that is very likely to kill the ongoing evolution of the organisation and act as an impediment to its continual development. I believe that those factors may result in the continuation of people dropping out of it.

With those views in mind, all I've done in these few posts is to make clear my opinions about the current characteristics of the Forum. I believe there to be too much unnecessary censorship and too much autocratic and inflexible dogmatism in its administration. 

I think what I was trying to say pretty much was in line what you were saying...... no point in trying to stick by what are now,in the sense no one is sure, literally unwritten rules... Your last line clearly lays out your views.

Some may agree and some disagree. What I was trying to maybe instigate was a clear policy statement to avoid misunderstandings in interpretation of a "policy".

We are all adult enough to understand what is acceptable or not. It's the grey areas that cause trouble....

I have heard the w***** word used over hear in polite conversation and I know it has been picked up from TV and those using it have no idea what they are saying...had it asked of me as a friendly opening exchange!..Are you a w******** etc....self censureship is the way to go I feel but of course we all have different boundries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

The 'current characteristics'? Go on Pete, explain what they are, as I'm sure we'd all like to know.

There's barely any 'censorship' at all. 

What? 

Fair questions PR....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

He immediately added something. Skill, drive and confidence. 

Absolutely as an impact player. 

Put CHO in from the start and play every game. He be panned by all and sundry by game 4 as he is not the finished article.

The lad confidence is growing why would you want to dent it again by playing every match when he is not ready for that kind of endurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Absolutely as an impact player. 

Put CHO in from the start and play every game. He be panned by all and sundry by game 4 as he is not the finished article.

The lad confidence is growing why would you want to dent it again by playing every match when he is not ready for that kind of endurance. 

Whilst I agree with this he still needs to start some games and yesterday was the perfect opportunity to give him a start. I'm not so sure away to Leicester is.

 

Edited by Martin1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Whilst I agree with this he still needs to start some games and yesterday was the perfect opportunity to give him a start. I'm not so sure away to Leicester is.

 

Got a feeling the first team is about to grow up with senior players playing every week.

Frank can not afford any more experiments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Got a feeling the first team is about to grow up with senior players playing every week.

Frank can not afford any more experiments.

I'm not sure the senior players have covered themselves in glory this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now