• Current Donation Goals

Faramir   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Villa's 2nd game in a week postponed, their match vs Everton on Sunday is now postponed, which means they'll be 3 games behind most other teams... when are those matches going to get played? Such a mess. 

I guess this is one way we can make up some ground on Everton and get ahead of Villa. That is, if we can find a way to win on Saturday.

Faramir   
6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Fulham will come in to the game with confidence no doubt, but they will (hopefully!) be more tired than we are. This is our only proper gap between games for a while, so I hope some important work has been done and the players have had a chance to clear their heads after the poor run.

Get a win here and somehow against Leicester too and the feeling will be very different around the club. Positive thinking is all I can offer in way of support, so let’s hope the players and staff are determined to turn this around and get a run of results!

Come on boys!!

I appreciate your posts because even though you are realistic about where we are as a club right now, you bring a positivity to this forum which is very much needed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Faramir said:

I appreciate your posts because even though you are realistic about where we are as a club right now, you bring a positivity to this forum which is very much needed.

Thanks, I I really appreciate that. I may not be the most informed or have the most perfectly rounded opinions sometimes, but ultimately I’m just trying to have some good discussions and enjoyment with other fans of our wonderful club, that’s the main reason I’ve been coming here all these years. 👍🏻

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Ham   

Alan Smith convinces VAR that a penalty shouldn't go against Arsenal.... 🙄

This is getting ridiculous.

JaneB   
23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Thanks, I I really appreciate that. I may not be the most informed or have the most perfectly rounded opinions sometimes, but ultimately I’m just trying to have some good discussions and enjoyment with other fans of our wonderful club, that’s the main reason I’ve been coming here all these years. 👍🏻

And that’s how it should be. You are such an asset on here 🙂

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Alan Smith convinces VAR that a penalty shouldn't go against Arsenal.... 🙄

This is getting ridiculous.

I was thinking about this earlier as Smith so obviously sides with Arsenal and Leicester it's embarrassing, I was wondering if SKY and their commentary team can actually influence stockley Park. 

Maybe they have SKY on in the background and hearing Smith arguing away decisions going against his sides influences them?

I have, on a few occasions now watched a game where he absolutely refuses to see what's going on right in front of his eyes and calls it so badly wrong that I've sat agog that the Co commentator hasn't slapped him and told him to stfu! 

Ham   
34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was thinking about this earlier as Smith so obviously sides with Arsenal and Leicester it's embarrassing, I was wondering if SKY and their commentary team can actually influence stockley Park. 

Maybe they have SKY on in the background and hearing Smith arguing away decisions going against his sides influences them?

I have, on a few occasions now watched a game where he absolutely refuses to see what's going on right in front of his eyes and calls it so badly wrong that I've sat agog that the Co commentator hasn't slapped him and told him to stfu! 

I'm convinced stockley park are watching and listening to the commentary throughout. 

A "not for me" comment from ex pros McManaman, Carragher, Smith or Neville is highly influential.

Zaha was fouled in the box whilst he was bearing down on goal at speed. His shoulder was grabbed and he was continually being jostled. Smith dismissed it immediately and VAR concurred with the quickest check in history. 

Edited by Ham

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Ham said:

I'm convinced stockley park are watching and listening to the commentary throughout. 

A "not for me" comment from ex pros McManaman, Carragher, Smith or Neville is highly influential.

Zaha was fouled in the box whilst he was bearing down on goal at speed. His shoulder was grabbed and he was continually being jostled. Smith dismissed it immediately and VAR concurred with the quickest check in history. 

Compare that with the penalty they got against us.