• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:15 hours on Tuesday, 19th January 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Please no more Kovacic or Jorginho. Kanté, Mount and Gilmour has to be the way forward. Maybe Havertz when he's healthy again.

Hudson-Odoi also has to start, with either Ziyech or Pulisic on the other side. Abraham up front until Werner remembers how to play football.

paulw66   

Would start CHO and Abraham, probably with Ziyech.

James at right back.

Maybe Zouma and Rudiger at CB

Midfield.....dunno. mount plus 2 others.

Faramir   

Big, big game against Leicester.

If they win they go 9 pts ahead of us (29 pts to 38 pts).

If we win we come within 3 pts of them (32 pts to 35 pts).

Ham   

Vardy limped off holding his hamstring so he possibly doesn't feature. 

8 hours ago, Faramir said:

Big, big game against Leicester.

If they win they go 9 pts ahead of us (29 pts to 38 pts).

If we win we come within 3 pts of them (32 pts to 35 pts).

This is a very, very important game. Whatever happens we cannot lose. 

Mendy

James    Zouma   Silva    Chilwell

Kante   Gilmour   Mount

Ziyech    Abraham   CHO

This feels massive for us, feels like the game that could turn our season back the way we want it to go. For me the back 4 picks itself and the front 3 should pick itself, it the midfield 3 that causes us so many problems. Mount plus 2 others, but who are the 2 others?! I’d be very tempted to put Gilmour in personally and I think I’d go with the same as @The_Ghost in terms of starting 11, although Havertz could be another option potentially.

54 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This feels massive for us, feels like the game that could turn our season back the way we want it to go.

Feels much too late to me.  It would be nice if we produced our first barn storming performance of the season and beat a very good team.
But we have been so remarkably consistent this season, I can't see it happening.

Perhaps it was those Sevilla and Man U 0-0 draws, when it seemed we abandoned all intent of dominating games, and let the team that made fewest mistakes win.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Feels much too late to me.  It would be nice if we produced our first barn storming performance of the season and beat a very good team.
But we have been so remarkably consistent this season, I can't see it happening.

Perhaps it was those Sevilla and Man U 0-0 draws, when it seemed we abandoned all intent of dominating games, and let the team that made fewest mistakes win.

Normally I would agree, it's too late in the season, but the way this season is going out, I would say we still have a chance of turning things around - if for example, we put a run of 5 to 6 wins together, I imagine the table would look very different for us.

I'm not suggesting we will or even can, but wins build confidence and strange things have happened, especially this season.