Moving Goalposts or realism ?

I don't suppose the board see it that way

Ham   
8 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Lampard: “Chelsea is not a club that’s ready to compete.”

He says that he sensed this moment would come this season. #CFC #LEICHE

— Nizaar Kinsella (@NizaarKinsella) January 19, 2021

Moving Goalposts or realism ?

Did he say why we weren't ready to compete?

So it looks like I'm alone !

I don't think anything has changed from when I posted this afternoon, quoting Casy Stoney's piece from the BBC web site. I'm not buying that he's lost the dressing room and I'm not buying that he's clueless. When Mourinho was fired he was not suddenly an idiot, yet his team was in a worse position than we find ourselves now. Frank is raw  but this is the season for a raw manager and I still think he can go on to be a Chelsea great.

Having said that, I accept that this is a minority, even a unique opinion. More importantly I think Roman will probably fire him in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by RDC Williams
Typo
  • Like 1

Leo91   

I'm sitting on the fence. Man Utd lost 0-6 at home to Spurs and Crystal Palace this season yet they now sit at the top. I'm prepared to wait it out to be honest and see a reaction.

Edited by Leo91

Terrible game. Not sure I could find a positive. We didn't get the rub of the green sure but, our confidence is either shot or they're not playing for the manager.

I see Mount do a lot of running each game and you have to commend him for that but, you have to ask yourself whether it's smart play. I don't see him influencing games or dictating play. The good thing is that he fights and plays for the shirt.

Did Tammy even touch the ball? Ziyech, I thought was great but, looks a bit too simplistic and weak on the ball. Early days but it hasn't been a great start for him! Chillwell bhad an off day. Reece grew into the game but was naive at times.

Havertz, what speed does he expect to play at? Is the German league really that much slower?

Think the only players that came away with any sort of pride were Kovacic and Werner for his short cameo. And Mount for effort.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I don't suppose the board see it that way

I'm not sure, these things would have been spoken about, Its not a huge leap from from Lampard to Roman via intemediaries

Thats not excusing the collapse we have seen recently, But I always thought It would take more than 1 transfer window, if he stays then the board are aware if not. . . he is off

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Did he say why we weren't ready to compete?

No that I can see at the moment, these things arrive somewhere on a regular basis il post if I find more

Diddymen   
7 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I'm sitting on the fence. Man Utd lost 0-6 at home to Spurs and Crystal Palace this season yet they now sit at the top. I'm prepared to wait it out to be honest and see a reaction.

But there’s been no improvement from our slump since the Everton match. None at all