• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

GURJ SS   

Mendy - did his job, was a little hesitant a few times but can't blame him, the players in front of him keep being rotated which doesn't help. 7/10

Silva - did his job, I think Vardy was looking to exploit his lack of pace, but didn't have any joy. 8/10

Rudiger - better on the ball than Zouma, but did do what Zouma does at a high level, basic defending and providing presence at set pieces. Dropped off instead of engaging attackers and struggled to read the game, was lucky Telemans fluffed his shot. 5/10

Reese - think last season he had Willian and Kante near him so he could attack. Also he had one job, drive at the opposing team and put a cross in whole Kante and Willian covered if need be. Now he has Odoi, Ziyech and Havertz, less protection when sitting in defence and no protection when getting caught out on the counter-attsck. Dave looks better this season because he doesn't over commit, and is able to pick the correct option when passing or deciding when to stick/move, Reese is still developing his decision making. 6/10

Chilwell - apart from recovery pace, is levels below Alonso in open play, and also set-piece presence, he isn't the answer to the first XI. Weak, indecisive, doesn't like running down the line with the ball, doesn't want to hold the ball up, just sort of does his own little cameo and stands around watching. 5/10

Kovacic - knew he would be isolated the moment I saw the line-up, drove forward when he could and tried his best to plug gaps. Without him we lose by more goals. 9/10

Mount - brilliant, shame due to the change in system he now starts in 10-15 yards further back and his job is now almost twice as difficult to make a difference in the final third. His progress has been stunted by his new position, if he played for any other team he'd be a number 10, he's paying the price for the Havertz signing with a sacrifice to his own game and progress. 10/10

Havertz - young, but not good enough so far, was not the answer this season and we should have kept Barkley at least for the first half of the season, just in case. Lacks drive, energy and enthusiasm. 5/10 (because of his age, otherwise it's 4/10).

Pulisic - his strength is with the ball at his feet and running at the opposition, so we kept knocking inaccurately it long hoping to get in behind a team that trains with Vardy every day. Did the best he could. 7/10

Odoi - same as Pulisic, he requires the ball at his feet running at a team from outside, so why he spent most the game tucked in with his back to goal is baffling. 7/10

Abraham - had scraps, almost got through a few times, tried to get on the ball as much as he could, Havertz was no help, got a little more joy when Werner came on to help. 7/10

Ziyech - was not the game to come and do anything, so can't really judge, not that he has really done much in his last few games. 6/10

Werner - Came on and did his best to break through, he put some fear into Leicester that he could hurt them and worked hard to make an opening. 8/10

Lamps - Got the selection wrong, the players didn't match up to the system of play and he had far too many players in attack doing not what they're best known for, they are players who want to get on the ball but instead were taking up advance positions on the inside waiting for others to set them up. Didn't see his mistake and try to fix it until it was too late, also we needed 3 subs at half time. Clearly our build-up play wasn't good enough, Reese and Chilwell wasn't working for us and Havertz was a huge problem. I hope he fixes it for the next game. 3/10

Edited by GURJ SS

I'm loving the term "shitweazels" and fully intend to incorporate it into my vocabulary going forward.

chara   
9 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I'm loving the term "shitweazels" and fully intend to incorporate it into my vocabulary going forward.

Me too.....wonderful!!!!

DannyLB   
18 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Mendy - did his job, was a little hesitant a few times but can't blame him, the players in front of him keep being rotated which doesn't help. 7/10

Silva - did his job, I think Vardy was looking to exploit his lack of pace, but didn't have any joy. 8/10

Rudiger - better on the ball than Zouma, but did do what Zouma does at a high level, basic defending and providing presence at set pieces. Dropped off instead of engaging attackers and struggled to read the game, was lucky Telemans fluffed his shot. 5/10

Reese - think last season he had Willian and Kante near him so he could attack. Also he had one job, drive at the opposing team and put a cross in whole Kante and Willian covered if need be. Now he has Odoi, Ziyech and Havertz, less protection when sitting in defence and no protection when getting caught out on the counter-attsck. Dave looks better this season because he doesn't over commit, and is able to pick the correct option when passing or deciding when to stick/move, Reese is still developing his decision making. 6/10

Chilwell - apart from recovery pace, is levels below Alonso in open play, and also set-piece presence, he isn't the answer to the first XI. Weak, indecisive, doesn't like running down the line with the ball, doesn't want to hold the ball up, just sort of does his own little cameo and stands around watching. 5/10

Kovacic - knew he would be isolated the moment I saw the line-up, drove forward when he could and tried his best to plug gaps. Without him we lose by more goals. 9/10

Mount - brilliant, shame due to the change in system he now starts in 10-15 yards further back and his job is now almost twice as difficult to make a difference in the final third. His progress has been stunted by his new position, if he played for any other team he'd be a number 10, he's paying the price for the Havertz signing with a sacrifice to his own game and progress. 10/10

Havertz - young, but not good enough so far, was not the answer this season and we should have kept Barkley at least for the first half of the season, just in case. Lacks drive, energy and enthusiasm. 5/10 (because of his age, otherwise it's 4/10).

Pulisic - his strength is with the ball at his feet and running at the opposition, so we kept knocking inaccurately it long hoping to get in behind a team that trains with Vardy every day. Did the best he could. 7/10

Odoi - same as Pulisic, he requires the ball at his feet running at a team from outside, so why he spent most the game tucked in with his back to goal is baffling. 7/10

Abraham - had scraps, almost got through a few times, tried to get on the ball as much as he could, Havertz was no help, got a little more joy when Werner came on to help. 7/10

Ziyech - was not the game to come and do anything, so can't really judge, not that he has really done much in his last few games. 6/10

Werner - Came on and did his best to break through, he put some fear into Leicester that he could hurt them and worked hard to make an opening. 8/10

Lamps - Got the selection wrong, the players didn't match up to the system of play and he had far too many players in attack doing not what they're best known for, they are players who want to get on the ball but instead were taking up advance positions on the inside waiting for others to set them up. Didn't see his mistake and try to fix it until it was too late, also we needed 3 subs at half time. Clearly our build-up play wasn't good enough, Reese and Chilwell wasn't working for us and Havertz was a huge problem. I hope he fixes it for the next game. 3/10

You can’t be serious with those ratings. You’d think we won this match 3-0 by looking at this post in isolation. 

1 hour ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Benitez is the better manager if we're going for an interim. However I think we're better off letting Frank finish the season unless we find a long term solution (Hasenhuttl or Allegri). Top 4 is gone any way.

Forget top 4. The way we've been playing, Top 6 is increasingly becoming beyond reach without any changes. 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

You can’t be serious with those ratings. You’d think we won this match 3-0 by looking at this post in isolation. 

Very generous. Yes. 

It’s not so much the defeats as the manner of them. Lampard doesn’t have a managerial reputation to fall back on. He can’t afford to look out of his depth. That’s what will do for him in the end. Let’s face it, bigger and better managers have been sacked for less.

Edited by Original 21

I would love to see Lampard turn things around but, as painful as it is to say it, I think the idiots at the top will sack him. Hopefully he scraps the 4-2-3-1 and goes ultra defensive 3-5-2 to stop losing rather than anything else.

Wallowing isn't going to solve anything. Frank needs solutions. Its obvious that we need to work on our work rate and fitness. And tactically we are far too open. 

Leicester and City sat back and hit us on the counter repeatedly. Its become so easy to isolate our CBs into counters. And both fullbacks are always simultaneously caught up the field. And why the high backline ALL the time? Its so risky.

If he survives he has to make changes wholesale IMO.

8 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think the idiots at the top will sack him. 

Worth remembering that they're the same 'idiots at the top' who hired him in the first place.

36 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If he survives he has to make changes wholesale IMO.

I think it’s too late for that. He’s managed to make top class players look useless. Our defence leaks goals. Our midfield is non-existent. And our attacking lacks any intent. We are an utter shambles and we look like losing most games against a half decent side. It’s completely unacceptable. I’d be amazed if the Board will tolerate this any longer. You only have to see what happens to us when we play a side that’s managed by a competent manager. Lampard looked totally out of his depth last night. The Board will be thinking that they’ve invested heavily in players only to be managed by a rookie. Sentiment won’t come into it. Imagine what a manager like Tuchel or Allegri could do with this squad. We won’t become world beaters overnight. But we surely can’t be as tactically inept or useless as we’ve been recently.