• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

Kezza   

Still have not got any result against a top 10 team this season. Boy we are like a bottom half team. Despite all the talents in the team. It's unacceptable they can't string a few passes (that is not sideways) or create chances easily. Also only knowing to play with crosses, how one dimensional can you be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

I'm loving the term "shitweazels" and fully intend to incorporate it into my vocabulary going forward.

You're very welcome. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Worth remembering that they're the same 'idiots at the top' who hired him in the first place.

Well, that's the long and short of it, isn't it? 

The guys who handed him the keys surely would have expected that he would have some bumps along the way..? 

But if Frank really is so clueless tactically, or such a poor trainer, then surely this wouldn't be news to them now, would it?

I'm not sure how the guy went from finishing in the top 4 during a transfer ban and an FA cup finalist to basically being completely hopeless over 8 games...something isn't right at the club.. I doubt an interim would have any more impact than Hiddink after JM was axed or Benitez after RDM was sacked tbh.

GURJ SS   
3 hours ago, DannyLB said:

You can’t be serious with those ratings. You’d think we won this match 3-0 by looking at this post in isolation. 

I've ignored the scoreline and gone more for what I think the players accomplished in regards to Lamps' instructions. It was clear within a few moments that Pulisic and Odoi would be starved of possession by our own system because they'll be tucking in to almost make it a 2134 in attack (but it fell apart even more because it was not just ambitious but silly as when the wingbacks went further forward it became a 2116 with players just rotating possession by the oppositions corner flag - against a counter attacking team too), that Kova and Mount were going to be overworked to cover areas DM, CM and AM between the 2 of them just to accommodate Havertz; and the wingbacks were solely going to be the attacking width on the overlap, who decided against going forward too much because they realised we'd be massively wide open at the back; the main sign that the wingbacks chose to do this (or forced by Leicester) is when they didn't go forward Pulisic and Odoi still stood infield and waited to receive the ball instead of drifting out wide.

The players have to take some of the responsibility of course, but as a fan of Lamps (and hoping he'll stay and things will fall into place) I've got to say he made their job 30% more difficult and Leicester's job 20% easier; add that to Brendan Rodgers deploying his standard counter attack tactics and we're lucky we didn't lose 5-6 nil.

Edited by GURJ SS

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Well, that's the long and short of it, isn't it? 

So, are you you saying that they shouldn't have hired him in the first place, or that they should have? 

The guys who handed him the keys surely would have expected that he would have some bumps along the way..? 

Yes, you'd think so. But does what the team is going through now, qualify as 'some bumps"? Or is it something more serious?

But if Frank really is so clueless tactically, or such a poor trainer, then surely this wouldn't be news to them now, would it?

No, it wouldn't. I think that's the point. And if it isn't a surprise, then why is he still in the job?

I'm not sure how the guy went from finishing in the top 4 during a transfer ban and an FA cup finalist to basically being completely hopeless over 8 games...something isn't right at the club..

So, what is it that 'isn't right' at the club, do you think?  

I don’t even know what to say about that performance, probably nothing more to say than what’s been written on here already. Lacklustre, passionless, weak and painful to watch. Embarrassing.

I honestly don’t know where Frank goes from here. It’s not like he can drop a bunch of players because he changes them every match anyway, so that wouldn’t be anything new. The players have had no chance to build up partnerships anywhere on the pitch this season with all the changes (some through injury, but some just the manager changing it) apart from at CB, but Frank decided to suddenly split that up.

If the board aren’t going to sack him before the end of the season, then they need to tell him that they are going to replace his assistant with a more experienced number 2 and also add another more experienced coach to the team, that’s the only way I can see us stopping this slide down the table.

Clearly top 4 is gone, the next question then becomes, can we even get into a European competition next season? Not at the moment.

I’ve tried to remain positive all season, I’ve desperately wanted this to work for Frank, but watching last night it all just felt very inevitable. We had no pattern to our play and we just made it so easy for Leicester to play against.

To be completely honest, I didn’t really want to watch the match last night and I especially didn’t want to watch it through to the end, but through blind loyalty I put myself through it to the end. It’s supposed to be enjoyable and entertaining, but nothing about last night was fun, barely anything to do with Chelsea has been fun for a while and that’s why it all hurts so much.

I just feel like the club need to put Frank out his misery and they need to put an end to this before more damage is caused to the club. If we have a chance to get European football in any form next season, by making a change then do it now. Is this going to start harming the development of the young players, if they aren’t being coached properly at this level?

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

We have to make the change now, as its becoming clearer and clearer Frank will not turn this situation around. I appreciate a few on here have not been happy with the performances for quite a while, but performances and results are evidently becoming poorer by the week. Everton away was disappointing result, but not too bad a performance. Performances have declined game by game since then, including when winning against West Ham and Fulham.

I'm not saying this to be clever, but I have made a few hundred quid by betting against us at Arsenal and last night at Leicester. The reason I made those bets is because it was clear and obvious we would lose both games, they were home bankers and the prices of our opponents was too big. 

I am sure I am not alone in thinking along those lines, so when you are going into games like that and you are almost certain of defeat, due to watching the declining performances of the players and the manager over the last 6 weeks. That's when it is obvious that the point of no return has been reached and a change has to come.

Whether it is an interim appointment or a full time one, I don't really mind. One of the benefits of a full time appointment at this stage , it gives the manager real life data/performances to understand players abilities and suitability for him as the manager, which should accelerate the managers decision making process on players. It avoids that whole pre-season chance for players to prove themselves and then the first 10 games of next season etc. Any new full time manager has from now until end of the season to assess who he wants to keep and who can be moved on, so we start next season closer to hitting the ground running.

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

You think these players are all gonna suddenly turn into superstars. Be interesting to see how they react though.

A change won’t do much and I think many of us realise that. For me I want Frank to go so I don’t have to watch him sink with the boat. 

Long list of players who are a disgrace at the moment. Too many to list them here. It’s all fine to blame the manager, but if the players don’t run, press, or do the basics that even youth players know then the problem is a lot worse than a manager not telling them what to do. 

8 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Do people think Lampard is going after this, then?

I don't see it. If he hasn't gone for anything else this season, I struggle to see how this tips it over a threshold. 

If we continue to lose then at some point yes. 

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

"We looked at Chelsea and we knew they switch off sometimes from set pieces."

Maddison actually said this after the game. This is why Frank probably needs to go. It’s unforgivable really. 

This is why some of the players need to go. If you aren’t giving 100% on the pitch then you are scum to me. Right now there’s only a handful of players who give 100%. They have all grown up at the club - they care. 

8 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard speaking to Sky Sports: "Beaten by the better team. They were sharper than us, ran more than us and they looked in form - we looked out of form. Disappointing goal form a set piece and the second goal is just not good enough.

"There were quite a lot of moments where our sharpness wasn't there, those are moments you have to dig in and the basics are important like running and sprinting and we didn't do that.

"The most disappointing thing is to come here and lose the game but the basics off the ball are important. The game on the ball was a bit slow at times but it was okay, we created a few opportunities and I thought it was a penalty but I'm not going to lean on those things. We weren't good enough.

"We won against Fulham without playing brilliant, from that we come and lose a game so it's a small step backwards.

"I am worried about the slump - from the form we were in to get so quickly into the form we're now in and we've had some wins but five losses in eight isn't where we want to be. It takes character to get out of that - I'm not against the lads in the dressing room because they're disappointed. It's a young team and it's a big lesson that if you come off it and think you're fine then you've got to get yourself out of the hole."

I think it’s clear we won’t turn this around. The players heads drop at the very first hurdle. We look sluggish and tired (look at Leicester’s energy, they have basically played the same eleven all season). 

Why are we always signing players with a soft underbelly? Doesn’t the club realise that mental attributes are a prerequisite for utilising your physical ones? 

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Whatever happens I don't want to see Rudiger anywhere near this team again. 

Time and time again (not just today) he switches off and watches the ball rather than the open man behind him. He really offers nothing. 

I've said it before and I’ll say it again. Rudiger has had one decent season with us protected by four other defenders and 2-3 defensive midfielders. He is nowhere near capable of playing in a team that plays open and goes for it. His ability is simply not there. It’s damning that Lamps has played him and Christensen so much. They do t even deserve to be in the squad. 

There are other players as well. Kovacic and Jorginho are other examples of completely pointless players who offers nothing of value to the team. Too limited. 

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I don't suppose the board see it that way

They are in for a surprise then. This squad is nowhere near to challenge. The club also seem to want to build a club style on top of that. Well plenty of these lads aren’t fit to play a possession-based attacking style anyway. It’s a mess - defenders who can defend, midfielders who can barely run and attackers who have lost all confidence with the ball. 

7 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Mendy - did his job, was a little hesitant a few times but can't blame him, the players in front of him keep being rotated which doesn't help. 7/10

Silva - did his job, I think Vardy was looking to exploit his lack of pace, but didn't have any joy. 8/10

Rudiger - better on the ball than Zouma, but did do what Zouma does at a high level, basic defending and providing presence at set pieces. Dropped off instead of engaging attackers and struggled to read the game, was lucky Telemans fluffed his shot. 5/10

Reese - think last season he had Willian and Kante near him so he could attack. Also he had one job, drive at the opposing team and put a cross in whole Kante and Willian covered if need be. Now he has Odoi, Ziyech and Havertz, less protection when sitting in defence and no protection when getting caught out on the counter-attsck. Dave looks better this season because he doesn't over commit, and is able to pick the correct option when passing or deciding when to stick/move, Reese is still developing his decision making. 6/10

Chilwell - apart from recovery pace, is levels below Alonso in open play, and also set-piece presence, he isn't the answer to the first XI. Weak, indecisive, doesn't like running down the line with the ball, doesn't want to hold the ball up, just sort of does his own little cameo and stands around watching. 5/10

Kovacic - knew he would be isolated the moment I saw the line-up, drove forward when he could and tried his best to plug gaps. Without him we lose by more goals. 9/10

Mount - brilliant, shame due to the change in system he now starts in 10-15 yards further back and his job is now almost twice as difficult to make a difference in the final third. His progress has been stunted by his new position, if he played for any other team he'd be a number 10, he's paying the price for the Havertz signing with a sacrifice to his own game and progress. 10/10

Havertz - young, but not good enough so far, was not the answer this season and we should have kept Barkley at least for the first half of the season, just in case. Lacks drive, energy and enthusiasm. 5/10 (because of his age, otherwise it's 4/10).

Pulisic - his strength is with the ball at his feet and running at the opposition, so we kept knocking inaccurately it long hoping to get in behind a team that trains with Vardy every day. Did the best he could. 7/10

Odoi - same as Pulisic, he requires the ball at his feet running at a team from outside, so why he spent most the game tucked in with his back to goal is baffling. 7/10

Abraham - had scraps, almost got through a few times, tried to get on the ball as much as he could, Havertz was no help, got a little more joy when Werner came on to help. 7/10

Ziyech - was not the game to come and do anything, so can't really judge, not that he has really done much in his last few games. 6/10

Werner - Came on and did his best to break through, he put some fear into Leicester that he could hurt them and worked hard to make an opening. 8/10

Lamps - Got the selection wrong, the players didn't match up to the system of play and he had far too many players in attack doing not what they're best known for, they are players who want to get on the ball but instead were taking up advance positions on the inside waiting for others to set them up. Didn't see his mistake and try to fix it until it was too late, also we needed 3 subs at half time. Clearly our build-up play wasn't good enough, Reese and Chilwell wasn't working for us and Havertz was a huge problem. I hope he fixes it for the next game. 3/10

No idea where some of these ratings come from. Werner 8 ? Abraham 7? Kovacic 9? Mount 10?

As for comments on Chilwell, did you not see his first 10 or so games in a Chelsea shirt ? He was probably in our top 3 performers for nearly all of those games. I will admit he has been poor in the last 2-3 though, but he seems to be another in the list of players who just seem to lose form/confidence under Frank unfortunately.

To say he is 'levels below'  Alonso or Emerson after 2-3 bad games when the whole team have been a shambles is a bit on the fantasy side of things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

The Board will be thinking that they’ve invested heavily in players only to be managed by a rookie. Sentiment won’t come into it. Imagine what a manager like Tuchel or Allegri could do with this squad.

Even Emma Hayes