• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I would love to see Lampard turn things around but, as painful as it is to say it, I think the idiots at the top will sack him. Hopefully he scraps the 4-2-3-1 and goes ultra defensive 3-5-2 to stop losing rather than anything else.

Wallowing isn't going to solve anything. Frank needs solutions. Its obvious that we need to work on our work rate and fitness. And tactically we are far too open. 

Leicester and City sat back and hit us on the counter repeatedly. Its become so easy to isolate our CBs into counters. And both fullbacks are always simultaneously caught up the field. And why the high backline ALL the time? Its so risky.

If he survives he has to make changes wholesale IMO.

I'd like to see him at least try it first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Long list of players who are a disgrace at the moment. Too many to list them here. It’s all fine to blame the manager, but if the players don’t run, press, or do the basics that even youth players know then the problem is a lot worse than a manager not telling them what to do. 

Easy to blame the players sometimes.

When nearly every single member of the squad is unable to control a football, make a 5 yard pass or do the most basic things off the ball like, run, then there is something fundamentally wrong on the training pitch.

The decline in individual performances is something I have never seen at a top level club before. 

I dont think they have given up on him, I think they are being so, so poorly coached their levels have dropped beyond recognition. Its happened to far too many players to be a coincidence. 

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Very generous. Yes. 

Indeed , I can't think of anyone who by their usual standards had a decent game .

Maybe Mount but he spent 60% of his time on the edge or our own area.

By design apparently .

Edited by Mark Kelly

50 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

To say he is 'levels below'  Alonso or Emerson after 2-3 bad games when the whole team have been a shambles is a bit on the fantasy side of things.

He is certainly below Alonso at the club, you only need to compare their winners medal cabinets.

Chilwell was Franks trinket from the club in the summer; it looks like he had all the ingredients and just waiting for a chef mix them to make the dish 

A lot of player criticism.  People are saying "OK, Lampard has to go, but I'm still going to blame my pet hate players for it".
As per usual, the players picked on are the ones seen as more loyal to Sarri than Lampard.  

8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Easy to blame the players sometimes.

When nearly every single member of the squad is unable to control a football, make a 5 yard pass or do the most basic things off the ball like, run, then there is something fundamentally wrong on the training pitch.

The decline in individual performances is something I have never seen at a top level club before. 

I dont think they have given up on him, I think they are being so, so poorly coached their levels have dropped beyond recognition. Its happened to far too many players to be a coincidence. 

Quite.
In 15/16 I think many didn't appreciate just how skinny that squad was (probably playing with injuries), even though there were many great players in it.
In 17/18 I think many didn't appreciate just how poor that squad was, despite being huge.  
This year we have a huge and very talented squad.

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

We have to make the change now, as its becoming clearer and clearer Frank will not turn this situation around. I appreciate a few on here have not been happy with the performances for quite a while, but performances and results are evidently becoming poorer by the week. Everton away was disappointing result, but not too bad a performance. Performances have declined game by game since then, including when winning against West Ham and Fulham.

I'm not saying this to be clever, but I have made a few hundred quid by betting against us at Arsenal and last night at Leicester. The reason I made those bets is because it was clear and obvious we would lose both games, they were home bankers and the prices of our opponents was too big. 

I am sure I am not alone in thinking along those lines, so when you are going into games like that and you are almost certain of defeat, due to watching the declining performances of the players and the manager over the last 6 weeks. That's when it is obvious that the point of no return has been reached and a change has to come.

I think you give the game away a bit there - you knew we were going to lose against Arsenal, because we haven't had a good game all season.
We haven't been in decline, we started ****, we went defensive for a while, and have never come out of our shell.  The performances have been consistent throughout..  Consistently poor.

asvaberg   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Indeed , I can't think of anyone who by their usual standards had a decent game .

Maybe Mount but he spent 60% of his time on the edge or our own are . 

By design apparently .

Mendy and Silva both had a decent game as far as I could see.

Chrisb   

I didn’t see the game (fortunately) but after reading through this thread I now feel like I stayed up all night listening to Morrisey!

Top 4 would now look impossible unless everyone else has a run of form like ours until the end of the season.

I still don’t think sacking Frank will change anything. We’re not going to suddenly turn into serial winners.

Luton must be licking their lips!

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I doubt an interim would have any more impact than Hiddink after JM was axed or Benitez after RDM was sacked tbh.

Odd, both had exactly the impact they were supposed to, no? Hiddink, I think we can safely assume, was never tasked with turning our season around and instead was just supposed to put the brakes on and limit damage until game 38. It wasn't pretty or fun, but he did that. Benitez's job was to make sure we didn't drop out of CL qualification. We didn't, and won a trophy to boot.

Anyone who comes in now won't be coming in to get us a top 4 place. That's done. We needed to have gone on a title-winning run from about 7 weeks ago for that to be on. Anyone who comes in now will be tasked with saving face so we can still go into negotiations with players and a permanent manager and claim with a straight face we're a good career choice.

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

bigger and better managers have been sacked for less.

And worst managers survive OGS at ManUre

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As per usual, the players picked on are the ones seen as more loyal to Sarri than Lampard.  

With regards to Rudiger , if it looks like a duck , walks like a duck and speaks like a duck , it's a duck .