• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

5 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Hilarious! I don’t need to look at stats. Anyone can look at stats. In your world, Andy Cole was a level above Shearer due to the medals he won! Even Andy Cole would disagree.........I am amazed that rather that admit what you said is a lot of rubbish, you have continued to dig yourself a hole even deeper!

Jamie Vardy a level above Harry Kane then ? Marc Allbrighton a level above David Ginola ? Wes Morgan a level above Ledley King? Mahrez a level above Luis Suarez??

Do I need to continue to show you how pathetic your metric is! It’s La La land stuff and everyone knows it......except you!

You could of walked away and saved yourself the embarrassment here, but you had to keep prodding!

A very emotional response. 

All the actual data on the likes of Cole and Shearer are lies, you are the oracle and let’s everyone on this forum bow to your superior knowledge.

Not forgetting your use of the English language. The use of words rubbish and pathetic on your replies, highlights what is between your ears.

Do everyone here a favour if you want to continue to slag me off do it by PM So I can respond accordingly. This is a forum for debate and not for personal attacks 

Ham   
18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Has anyone yet mentioned that the xG for the game was Leicester 0,79 and Chelsea 0,97? 

Whatever one can say, we certainly did not have the fine margins on our side last night. 

If you saw the match stats without watching the game you'd assume we'd won comfortably. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

A very emotional response. 

All the actual data on the likes of Cole and Shearer are lies, you are the oracle and let’s everyone on this forum bow to your superior knowledge.

Not forgetting your use of the English language. The use of words rubbish and pathetic on your replies, highlights what is between your ears.

Do everyone here a favour if you want to continue to slag me off do it by PM So I can respond accordingly. This is a forum for debate and not for personal attacks 

You're a real wind up merchant. 

Give over. 

9 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Time to take a bit of your own advice, mate. As Ham says above, you're always on the wind up, so to react to a member who takes the bait, is rich, even for you. So stop it now, and move on. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Has anyone yet mentioned that the xG for the game was Leicester 0,79 and Chelsea 0,97? 

Whatever one can say, we certainly did not have the fine margins on our side last night. 

Out of interest, which source do you use?  do they make all their scores available?

Understat has it differently:

image.png.5f25ac32d48424b2897644b008adc3d1.png

Infogol which I haven't looked at before has 1.43 - 0.69

Fine margins?  Well actually we score in line with our xG, but concede more than our xGa.
Mostly we have got nearly 6 fewer points than xPTS (however that is calculated) on the basis of which we would be 2nd in the table.

image.thumb.png.7889ace41166f1e8bce885706debd680.png

Leicester meanwhile have 6 more points than xPTS.
They manage games well, we don't.  It seems to me that we overscore relative to XG against poor teams and underscore against good ones.
Examples:  Burnley away 0-3 (0.41 - 1.23), Palace H 4-0 (2.51 - 0.1), Leicester (above), Wolves A L 2-1 (0.68 - 1.57).

Holymoly   

I'm sick to death of people quoting stats to back up their pet theories. Maybe look at the players we have at the club. Perhaps accept that we have an ingenue for a manager. We have long  yearned for a manager that was one of us, a manager that stuck around longer than ten minutes and helped develop a dynasty at Stamford Bridge. Now we have that and as soon as we drop out of top four contention for a month we are all baying for the head of the manager. Shame on you, shame on all of us if we force Lampard out the door. The board and Roman have their own distinct criteria of success and that pretty much just comes down to money. We the supporters however have a far more organic link to the club as many of us were here during the bad old days of the old second division. I can remember our league title of 2005 and crying at work as a 45 year old as it was the first title we had won in my lifetime. Back then we knew what it was to appreciate success. Today we have become far too blasé, far too entitled. I hope Frank is allowed to continue and learn to develop a style that we can all appreciate. FFS even the filth of Merseyside allowed Jurgen time to bed in. Last year, in his first year in  the Premiership, Frank got us to the CL and almost won us the FA Cup. In the first couple of months of this season we were rapidly becoming everyone's second favourite club. We can be quite despicably juvenile when supporting this club.

• Like 4

chara   
2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'm sick to death of people quoting stats to back up their pet theories. Maybe look at the players we have at the club. Perhaps accept that we have an ingenue for a manager. We have long  yearned for a manager that was one of us, a manager that stuck around longer than ten minutes and helped develop a dynasty at Stamford Bridge. Now we have that and as soon as we drop out of top four contention for a month we are all baying for the head of the manager. Shame on you, shame on all of us if we force Lampard out the door. The board and Roman have their own distinct criteria of success and that pretty much just comes down to money. We the supporters however have a far more organic link to the club as many of us were here during the bad old days of the old second division. I can remember our league title of 2005 and crying at work as a 45 year old as it was the first title we had won in my lifetime. Back then we knew what it was to appreciate success. Today we have become far too blasé, far too entitled. I hope Frank is allowed to continue and learn to develop a style that we can all appreciate. FFS even the filth of Merseyside allowed Jurgen time to bed in. Last year, in his first year in  the Premiership, Frank got us to the CL and almost won us the FA Cup. In the first couple of months of this season we were rapidly becoming everyone's second favourite club. We can be quite despicably juvenile when supporting this club.

Absolutely right mate....but it is hard to keep the faith in Frank......nothing would please me more than even a modest turn round.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

I'm sick to death of people quoting stats to back up their pet theories.

I'm rather sick of people re-writing facts to maintain their pet managers.

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

In the first couple of months of this season we were rapidly becoming everyone's second favourite club.

Well we all know the reason for that.
People don't buy shirts or season tickets for their 2nd favourite club.

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

That's just not true for quite a few of us.

We went 17 games unbeaten and some of us were still saying the same things.

Not everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, although I find it odd that those that shouted loudest about giving him time seem to have jumped ship very quickly, it's rather ironic if you ask me.

It's one thing not wanting a manager or seeing flaws in a manager, regardless of results but its something entirely different backing the manage and calling for time yet as soon as results go bad wanting him gone. I can't really get my head around the change in attitude from some.

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

That's just not true for quite a few of us.

We went 17 games unbeaten and some of us were still saying the same things.

Not everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, although I find it odd that those that shouted loudest about giving him time seem to have jumped ship very quickly, it's rather ironic if you ask me.

It's one thing not wanting a manager or seeing flaws in a manager, regardless of results but its something entirely different backing the manage and calling for time yet as soon as results go bad wanting him gone. I can't really get my head around the change in attitude from some.

What's ironic about changing an opinion as and when things change/get worse? 

Some people on here should try it sometimes.

I find it incredible that you're now moaning about other members joining your exclusive "Frank out" club. Jeez. I just don't get you.