• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

4 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Yep, I would agree signs of The madness that lies within

Drat and double drat. 

Have you been talking to my wife :0)

As the only surviving member of the People's Popular Front of Judea I have one thing to say to the lot of you.........

Splitters!

Ham   

Burnley showing Liverpool no respect. 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

As the only surviving member of the People's Popular Front of Judea I have one thing to say to the lot of you.........

Splitters!

The popular opinion is that he's not the Messiah I'm afraid ☹️

Regards

JPF

What has Roman ever done for us?

Edited by RDC Williams

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Burnley showing Liverpool no respect. 

I now feel so much brotherhood for Ashley Barnes. 

I did get a bit twitchy when they bought Minamino on as I understand from social Media dat er dis kid like, he's der real deal. 

23 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Can't even build a stadium/colosseum let alone a straight road. 

chara   
41 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Built straight roads.

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Can't even build a stadium/colosseum let alone a straight road. 

Curse you NB...typed that as I saw your post......

Blue Rod   
9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Let me sum up this season. After about 2 games you said he was clueless and taking the team backwards. Many including me pushed back on that. We wanted to see the new keeper. We wanted the new players to arrive. We wanted important injuries to heal. Some said lets see where we are after 10 games. Some said lets wait until January. Some like me said he needs a whole season. But EVERYONE  said no excuses this season ,we've spent lots of money,  if results don't go his way he deserves no special treatment. Nothing crazy about that, nothing flip floppy, nothing keeping your feet in both camps. You do not own the copyright on 'Lampard out' anymore than I own the copyright on 'Lampard in'. And RA is the only person whose opinion counts. 

Good point. I can also add that those of us who were first to draw their conclusion on Lampard did not do so out of spite or rash judgment any more than those who called for more time did theirs on blindfold loyalty. Both sides applied judgment but did so in different ways. I cringe when people use the word haters to refer to people expressing their opinion on a manager or player. 

I have watched football long enough to know that if a group of players used to run like crazy, close down opponents, track back, all under a previous manager, then stopped doing those things under a new manager, then that new manager has got a serious problem that cannot be solved by simply signing new players. If it happens in one "bad moment" or one bad match, then you would expect the team to come back next match having ironed out those problems. If they come out and repeat the same basic and fundamental errors again, and in Lampard's case, carry on ignoring even more basic responsibilities by every match, then there is no reason why things should get better just by allowing more time. That is how I make my own judgment. 

There wasn't any chance that if Lampard could not get the experienced internationals in our team to work hard, then bringing in a couple of young Germans was going to turn things around. In fact, quite the contrary; where the older players lead, the new signings follow. And it's no surprise that the  Germans, for example,  are heading south with their performances.