• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Luton Town 1

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

But hanging back got him in position for the first goal. Can't have it both ways 

Well, this is where some input from the coach and communication between the players should improve. 

If Tammy who's had a very good game despite his shortcomings wants the ball to be cut back to him then SFL should instruct the wingers and backs to do as much and Tammy should communicate this, with them too. 

He got two goals but he could have had even more. 

GURJ SS   
10 minutes ago, chelboy said:

You say this but after 4 games of Alonso in a row you would be grateful for Chilwell. Chilwell form dropped lately as have many players but he is clear of our other two left backs who are so prone to errors it’s unbelievable. Once you give them a run you start to see how many basic defensive errors both make. 

Personally never saw an issue with Alonso last season, I don't think he was to blame for our leaky defence, he was solid in both boxes and chipped in with a fair amount of goals. What's happened in the last 4 games is we've stopped sitting back and doubling up, and now Chilwell is exposed. Nothing against the lad, I think he's a decent player but Alonso is a top player who has become a scapegoat; I see a flaw in our system more than the players.

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Disagreed. Looks to me like he needs to have the importance of tracking your man and moving across the penalty area explained to him.

Really don't want to lay into him but also don't think the consistently poor performances he's putting in should be explained away as "nervousness" or purely physical in nature. There is a lot not going well enough, especially given where he seemed to be heading last season.

Physically, he's not the player he was before his last injury where he would fearlessly dribble at players and more often than not get by them with pace, skill and relative power (his sublime assist at Anefield late last season is an exhibit for reference). You can tell he tries to do those things but he hasn't been able to pull them off this season. And this is Luton and not Liverpool.

Ziyech cleverly took four Luton players out there Pulisic really should have done better.