• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Luton Town 1

6 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well I have pondered why,  generally speaking , the British lads have been better, or at least tried more,  than their foreign counterparts of late ( well I think they have anyway). Is it because they would have most to lose with someone like Tuchel coming in? 

None of the British lads except Chilwell have seen top level coaching before.  Well apart from Tammy's relegation with Swansea under 3 managers or at England sessions.

chara   
7 hours ago, blue moon said:

A fair presentation Chara, and thanks for that. I guess that is true in many professions - but I can well imagine that interminable training sessions, physio, travel, not making the team etc can soon knock the edge off youthful aspirations. And money by itself really isn’t a motivator, that only comes with self realisation.

But still doesn’t explain the current loss of form. If I might quote a minor football figure: “'Confidence is a small flower and someone has stamped on it'”. Blaming the management is the easy way out, but something has to change, and Management must take the lead. Whether that is coach, captain or corporate is another matter. To be honest, I don’t sense leadership in this team, not like there was in the days of JT, Chopper and Dennis Wise. Thoughts?

Thanks BM...NB and MBIB....really got a bit away from the form question and veered into the "human" side of things.

Wish I had the answers but don't...nearly every view put forward is at least partly correct but not THE whole answer.....

Money?..I received modest reward for games and I mean modest but as chuffed as heck everytime but if it was my lively hood I would have had a different approach.

Why am I a little worried about this game?....beyond the usual "cup upset" fear.....maybe it's the concern that the team put out will not match a lower sides commitment and desire..fighting spirit....?

41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

None of the British lads except Chilwell have seen top level coaching before.  Well apart from Tammy's relegation with Swansea under 3 managers or at England sessions.

Ouch! That burn hurt me!

Savage, lol.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't think Silva will play either and maybe it doesn't matter too much, but I'd like to see us get back to Zouma and Silva asap.

As for Werner over Tammy, it's a bit of a coin toss at the moment, I can see the benefit of playing Werner so we can play him into form, but his confidence seems so far gone at the moment that it may be easier for us to play Tammy into form.

It may be easier to play Giroud who's currently better than both of them.....(runs for cover)

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Then quite shameful that they are looking better prospects and show more effort than £70 million imports. 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

It may be easier to play Giroud who's currently better than both of them.....(runs for cover)

I like Giroud a lot, but we know what we get with him and he doesn’t ever seem to fluctuate in or out of form too much, he just is what he is (not meant in a critical way at all), so for me I see no use playing him in this game. I think Frank is better off picking Tammy or Werner and trying to give them a run of games to try and find some form, it’s the constant switching that’s making it so hard for any of them to get any form.

I also still think Giroud is best off the bench and impacting a game that way.

• Thanks 1

Chrisb   

Throw anyone in the starting line up as I don’t think it’ll change our “playing style”!

We’re damned if we win and we’re damned if we lose so throw caution to the wind and try something different. Chuck in some long balls, change the formation and try and score some goals. 
Unfortunately I’ll be able to watch this one.

• Haha 2

Regardless of what’s going on, it’s the FA Cup and it’s Chelsea so let’s just try and enjoy it.

I used to love FA Cup weekends as a kid, some of my best football memories come from the FA Cup!

Come on Chels!

• Like 2

I’d expect the usual 17 players with maybe Anjorin added as a sub - assuming they’re fit. 

The goalkeeping position will go to Kepa probably. Personally think Mandy has looked shaky the last month so not fussed either way on that front. 

Frank can’t afford to offer ‘chances’ to inexperienced players, so expect a strong starting line-up and bench. 

I remember SAF being close to the sack at Man Utd and a FA Cup win saved him and he went onto history making achievements (late Mark Robins goal changed it for him, if I recall correctly). I hope that the same formula applies - heart says yes, head says it’s too late now?

Jasonb   
10 hours ago, East Lower said:

I’d expect the usual 17 players with maybe Anjorin added as a sub - assuming they’re fit. 

The goalkeeping position will go to Kepa probably. Personally think Mandy has looked shaky the last month so not fussed either way on that front. 

Frank can’t afford to offer ‘chances’ to inexperienced players, so expect a strong starting line-up and bench. 

I remember SAF being close to the sack at Man Utd and a FA Cup win saved him and he went onto history making achievements (late Mark Robins goal changed it for him, if I recall correctly). I hope that the same formula applies - heart says yes, head says it’s too late now?

I recall them coming to the Bridge in Feb 90 and we were taunting them with songs about going down to join West Ham. Their attendance in the old away end was low at filling just over half of the space. It was a dour match settled by  a single goal courtesy of Gareth Hall.

The only thing with Ferguson was he had experienced major success in Scotland winning just about everything there whereas Frank although coming from a footballing background does not have the track record of successful club management. 

That is not to say he can't make it just the odds against him are higher.