• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 18:00 hours on Wednesday, 27th January 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

I think we have it in us to keep this in single figures. 

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wolves have lost 6 out of 9

Of course, we were one of the 3. 

Based on today's match vs Luton, I would hope Frank looks at 4231 again with Werner and Tammy linking up. I would personally go with:

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Mount - Gilmour

Ziyech - Werner - CHO

Tammy

But I expect Kovacic to come in for Gilmour (if Kante is still not fit) and probably Pulisic to get another start.

I really hope Tammy doesn't get suddenly swapped out, just keep playing him to build up confidence and form and an understanding with the others around him.

• Like 1

Faramir   
On 1/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Goals for or goals against?

2 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Goals for or goals against?

Against 😂 

Faramir   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Based on today's match vs Luton, I would hope Frank looks at 4231 again with Werner and Tammy linking up. I would personally go with:

Mendy

Mount - Gilmour

Ziyech - Werner - CHO

Tammy

But I expect Kovacic to come in for Gilmour (if Kante is still not fit) and probably Pulisic to get another start.

I really hope Tammy doesn't get suddenly swapped out, just keep playing him to build up confidence and form and an understanding with the others around him.

I like that line-up. Against Luton it was more a 4-4-2 with Werner having the freedom to find space left, right and centrally.

Diddymen   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Mendy

Mount - Gilmour

Ziyech - Werner - CHO

Tammy

Not sure about that midfield, very light and wolves have a better midfield 

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I like that line-up. Against Luton it was more a 4-4-2 with Werner having the freedom to find space left, right and centrally.

Yeah, you’re right to be fair, it was quite a fluid formation with the front four.

31 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Not sure about that midfield, very light and wolves have a better midfield 

Yeah, that does worry me, but I think they are both very gifted players, good technically and could definitely control a game. The only other way I can see that we can try and control the midfield is to play a 3 and bring in Jorginho or Kovacic who aren’t exactly in fine form at the moment. It’s definitely the problem area for us at the moment.

Diddymen   
15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, you’re right to be fair, it was quite a fluid formation with the front four.

Yeah, that does worry me, but I think they are both very gifted players, good technically and could definitely control a game. The only other way I can see that we can try and control the midfield is to play a 3 and bring in Jorginho or Kovacic who aren’t exactly in fine form at the moment. It’s definitely the problem area for us at the moment.

Can’t remember the last time we controlled the midfield 😢