• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Just a hunch, Mount and either Werner or Abraham, perhaps both, dropped for this one.  It is a long run of games, and so anyone not rested for the cup tie is likely to be rested for this one.

Mendy

Azpi,   Rudiger, Zouma, Chilwell

Kante Jorginho Havertz

Ziyech   Giroud  CHO 

But it could be anyone playing a second game instead of Ziyech.  And Kovacic could play instead of anyone in midfield.

Faramir   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just a hunch, Mount and either Werner or Abraham, perhaps both, dropped for this one.  It is a long run of games, and so anyone not rested for the cup tie is likely to be rested for this one.

This makes no sense to me.

Lampard may only have two games to keep his job and you think he will drop Mount, Werner or Abraham? All three players gave a good account of themselves today. I bet all three start against Wolves.

Rob B   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy

Azpi,   Rudiger, Zouma, Chilwell

Kante Jorginho Havertz

Ziyech   Giroud  CHO 

But it could be anyone playing a second game instead of Ziyech.  And Kovacic could play instead of anyone in midfield.

Just my opinion, but I think it’ll be drastically different to that.  Something like:

Mendy 

James.  Zouma.  Silva.  Chilwell 

Kovacic.   Mount 

Ziyech.    Werner    Hudson-Odoi

Abraham 

19 minutes ago, Faramir said:

This makes no sense to me.

Lampard may only have two games to keep his job and you think he will drop Mount, Werner or Abraham? All three players gave a good account of themselves today. I bet all three start against Wolves.

It is 4 games in 10 days.  No new manager is arriving in the middle of that.

I agree, all 3 would be in my first choice normally.
The question though is why did he pick all three for the cup when he could have picked say Kovacic and Giroud.
I'm not saying they are now dropped, just that they will each get rested at least once, probably for this game.

Ham   
37 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Wolves have been woeful recently. Worse than us. We will win this comfortably. 

Actually, the fact that they've been woeful is very worrying.... 

Chrisb   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Very true. Anyone on a bad run must look at the fixture list and hope they’re playing us soon! 😂

Still think we could win this though. 

asvaberg   
9 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Wolves have been woeful recently. Worse than us. We will win this comfortably. 

Being an optimist, I simply have to agree, right ? :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Based on today's match vs Luton, I would hope Frank looks at 4231 again with Werner and Tammy linking up. I would personally go with:

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Mount - Gilmour

Ziyech - Werner - CHO

Tammy

But I expect Kovacic to come in for Gilmour (if Kante is still not fit) and probably Pulisic to get another start.

I really hope Tammy doesn't get suddenly swapped out, just keep playing him to build up confidence and form and an understanding with the others around him.

I like this and it would be the formation I'd go with as well. One worry is the midfield from a defensive point of view, but both Gilmour and Mount has a lot more energy about them compared to both Jorginho and Kovacic. 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Exactly. Who have they got who hasn't scored all season? Or perhaps that striker they've just signed will score the only two goals of his Wolves career on Wednesday. 

Our season-long form says we win this one. Wolves are 14th. If we start losing at home to sides in that position, things are worse than even the least optimistic amongst us have realised.