• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

DannyLB   
3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

This possible line up is pretty crazy, maybe too crazy.

Mendy

Azpilicueta Silva Rudiger

Pulisic Kante Mount CHO

Ziyech Havertz

Tammy

It's a bit out there but I have noticed our CM's would move to the sides to cover the wing backs bombing forward. I can't think of better midfielders in our squad doing it than Kante and Mount. 

The most important for me is not to be too rigid and play the same damn formation every match regardless of who the opposition and Mount/Havertz playing on the wing.  

Ham   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

If it was me , together with working on the players to get into more goal scoring positions I think it would pay him to get all midfielders and wingers to put in extra work on long range shooting , then next time we get a "wimpy Wolves" situation camped out on the edge of the area with no intent to come out and play , a series of accurate long range efforts could really make them think again . 

The thing with shooting is that it creates variables which are difficult for the defensive side to deal with.

1) You shoot and it goes straight in.

2) You shoot and the keeper parries it out behind the packed defence.

3) You shoot and it takes a deflection. Could go absolutely anywhere but a packed well drilled defence has no control over where.

4) Saved and you get a corner.

5) Handball and you get a penalty. 

All preferable to 950 passes without success. 

Equally I'd like it's to play long balls down the middle every so often just to keep the oppo on their toes. 

Tommy Tickle.  Over to you. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

The thing with shooting is that it creates variables which are difficult for the defensive side to deal with.

3) You shoot and it takes a deflection. Could go absolutely anywhere but a packed well drilled defence has no control over where.

Equally I'd like it's to play long balls down the middle every so often just to keep the oppo on their toes. 

Yep , think they're being all compact and clever ? Think Again 

chara   
11 minutes ago, Ham said:

In a nutshell Ham...lost count of how many times I yelled "Hit It".....of course Kova should never be allowed to do that but his attempt was very close.....frightens the keeper because his view is often blocked and indeed it becomes a "variable".

1 hour ago, Ham said:

So much common sense. Prime example, Sheffield United's winner yesterday. Most of those things you listed happened in the one move. 

And if you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the raffle!

I must say , I thought their left back was very good for a youngster

If you've watched the Crystal Palace vs Wolves today it was a similar game to us with only difference that one of Crystal Palace's players was brave enough to shoot from the edge of the box. We need our players to take on those opportunities and not just dilly dally around the box. I am pretty sure we have a very very low percentage of goals score from outside of the box compared to other teams.