• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

Chrisb   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Smart guy - says all the right things.

Read that earlier and thought the same. Seems he tried his best to get the players on board straight away by pointing out that he questioned the sacking of SFL too.

Surely if "Lampard had to go" because of the unrest in the ranks then sticking up for Frank could well have been entirely the wrong thing to do? All rubbish anyway.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Surely if "Lampard had to go" because of the unrest in the ranks then sticking up for Frank could well have been entirely the wrong thing to do? 

True for some, perhaps not for others.  There is all this external BS about Lampard and the young players which I'm sure doesn't exist much in the dressing room.  
It is still the right diplomatic approach for the media (which is monster pro Frank) and some fans.

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

All rubbish anyway.

Yeah

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Northern Lights said:

It is.  I posted it in the Media/Press thread but could just have easily put it in this one!!  Nice to get some positive coverage.

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

It is.  I posted it in the Media/Press thread but could just have easily put it in this one!!  Nice to get some positive coverage.

Makes a change! 🙌🏿🧨

• Like 1

He has even upset Liverpool fans by putting us top although I guess he can't claim to have named the club alphabetically higher than Liverpool.

Apart from us Liverpool haven't played a hard game yet. We have done both Arsenal and Spurs. We both have City coming up perhaps that can separate us. Maybe after the City game we should go to Brentford and support them.

52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Bloke's a Genius. 

He really does seem to be an ace tactician , two games running ,he's looked at how we were being penned in and tweaked things at half time and transformed our game

Also I saw some footage of him embracing Kepa after the game , he really looks like he cares about the players and helps to really motivate them , Kepa has really looked far more 

confident recently and I think that's in part due to Tuchel treating him like a valued squad member .

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He really does seem to be an ace tactician , two games running ,he's looked at how we were being penned in and tweaked things at half time and transformed our game

Also I saw some footage of him embracing Kepa after the game , he really looks like he cares about the players and helps to really motivate them , Kepa has really looked far more 

confident recently and I think that's in part due to Tuchel treating him like a valued squad member .

I think Kepa has used his off time well to study what other top keepers do and maybe TT and certainly Cech have been instrumental to that as TTs arrival certainly coincided with his form and play improving. I was a big critic of Kepa as he used to stay in the security of his 6 yard box but now you can see him being more adventurous coming out to sweep and to claim the ball. However, I still worry he is going to get caught when playing with his feet, he leaves it very late to clear.