• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1

Faramir   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Great win, bit worried about our finishing but Spurs got exactly what they deserved from the game. Nothing. 

Well said. I'm glad we held on at the end. It would of been very disappointing to not win this game.

Huge win. Really should've been a lot more comfortable but our finishing has been poor for a while, Werner can't buy a goal, etc. Could've cost us on a different day. Still, we look on the right track. 

Thought Thiago Silva going off was going to be a big loss but Christensen did well. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier
  • Like 1

Spurs were awful!

We were good though, we already look very well drilled, which is very promising.

Final 3rd still a concern, but once that clicks then we will be a serious team again I think.

James looked good in that RWB position, Alonso less impactful today, interested to see Chilwell get another chance there on Sunday.

Thought Kovacic and Jorginho both did very well tonight, a lot more forward passing and in fact a lot more forward passes everywhere tonight.

CHO, Mount and Werner did well and worked hard, CHO less impactful when in that more central position.

Sulva superb whilst on, really hope that’s not a serious injury. Him walking off was a good sign and I think he didn’t move after going down, because he sensed if he moved, he’d make it worse, so hopefully not too bad. Christensen did well when he came on though to be fair.

Rudiger and Azpi did well, they both seem to do very well in a back 3.

Mendy.. little to do, but did what he needed.

I like this Tuchel regime!

chelboy   
5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Fantastically controlled performance. every player minimum 7/10.

We look very well drilled and organised. Impressive work from Tuchel and the players in such a short period of time. 

One or two were below a 7 today. Lucky enough we had enough 8’s and 9’s to carry them. 

Just now, Bridge Soldier said:

Huge win. Really should've been a lot more comfortable but our finishing has been poor for a while, Werner can't buy a goal, etc. Could've cost us on a different day. Still, we look on the right track. 

I thought he looked good though. A couple of sloppy touches early in the first half but he grew into the game. But for [Dier's] face he would've scored, I think.

Faramir   
4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Our finishing is still a problem but I will take that all day. Now is the time for us to string a number of wins together. 

It would be nice if our forwards get some added confidence from the way we are playing and get some goals.

bONes   

Mendy did well tonight. Good passing, safe hands, very good stop from Lamela. Interstingly didn't dive for Vinicius’ header.

bONes   

Dier bloked so many good shots! A few from Timo, James and more

Faramir   
4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Spurs were awful!

We were good though, we already look very well drilled, which is very promising.

Final 3rd still a concern, but once that clicks then we will be a serious team again I think.

James looked good in that RWB position, Alonso less impactful today, interested to see Chilwell get another chance there on Sunday.

Thought Kovacic and Jorginho both did very well tonight, a lot more forward passing and in fact a lot more forward passes everywhere tonight.

CHO, Mount and Werner did well and worked hard, CHO less impactful when in that more central position.

Sulva superb whilst on, really hope that’s not a serious injury. Him walking off was a good sign and I think he didn’t move after going down, because he sensed if he moved, he’d make it worse, so hopefully not too bad. Christensen did well when he came on though to be fair.

Rudiger and Azpi did well, they both seem to do very well in a back 3.

Mendy.. little to do, but did what he needed.

I like this Tuchel regime!

Agree with all of this. Especially the bolded bits.