• Current Donation Goals

Blue Rod   
5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Rubbish game. Already forgetting about it. However, a lot of those players did there chances a lot of harm there. 

Tammy MotM owing to his goal and clearance.

I actually enjoyed it. I honestly don't think it would have made much difference whom we fielded tonight. Kovacic came on and did exactly if not worse than the rest. James struggled as much as others. Kante struggled. Alonso is not exactly a reserve player. Ziyech was just being Ziyech. If you don't give him the chance to do a beautiful Ziyech long pass, he often struggles. And Jorginho on this pitch and against this press? I don’t  think so.

This is a competition where giant killing takes place even on a proper football pitch. As soon as the first whistle went, our players should have put on their scrapping outfit. We should just be relieved it's over. 

Well we made hard work of that. Some looked like they didn’t fancy it. Ziyech, Pulisic played like they wanted to be somewhere else. Disappointing from the two players picked for their creativity. Don’t really have much to say about the performance. Pitch looked lumpy. At least Abraham and Hudson-Odoi took some pride in their display. Kante was pretty steady. Tuchel will have wanted to see a lot more from some who started that game. He won’t have been too impressed. 

chara   

I stopped watching with 15 minutes to go.....when I was 19 I just wanted Chelsea to win..I drank light and bitter and out for a meal was at the chippie as was a takeaway,,,

Many years later I drink a good beer,can make a decent choice of wine pre covid could enjoy the occasional good dinner out and takeaway can be anything from a pizza to Japanese...in short my expectations and taste buds have matured....when I watch football,,a game I love ..I apply a lifetime of raised expectations and refuse to watch such dross as was presented for most of the afternoon (here).....

Sorry...a win is a win and I understand ..I think..what TT is trying to do as he looks at what he has to work with but watching such dire football is embarassing and in many ways a disgrace.

I have been a long time critic of CHO but have to say he is beginning to look the real deal....Pulisic& Zy should stay at home and be forced to watch their efforts today on a loop.....the pitch?..rubbish but take at look at say the Chelsea/Watford semi at WHL.....and they still played better football...

I try not to comment so close to a game but.....

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Eh?

Played well tonight 

Apart from that one punch (were Tammy's header cleared from the line), he was one of the better players today especially with the save early in the first half.

Well I think TT learnt more about his squad to day than in the previous 4 games.

Tammy and CHO were good.  The 2 h/t subs, James and Rudiger did fine, Alonso and Christensen were OK for their 45 mins, and so was Kepa for 90.  Without doubt the one that came out of it best was Havertz.

56 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Gilmour and Kante are the wrong way around, we need Gilmour to help move the ball around and Kante to chase down loose balls high up the pitch.

Yes that would be a start, another reminder that Kante can't play DM for sure.
Gilmour needs to be playing the likes of Barnsley every week (and no one except a true blue Chelsea fan is going to pick him at DM for 5 or 6 years yet.

bONes   

Kepa had a very good game. Few decent saves and brave coming out for long balls. One mistake, but he was bailed out by defender (Tammy) so thats ok. Well done Kepa, keep going.

Edited by bONes

Rob B   
44 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

No surprise to see Tammy stand out. Lower league opposition killer. 

Very odd that after watching the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic mince around doing absolutely f all, you’d pick Tammy out to criticise who scored a goal, was brilliant defensively in our box and got MOTM. 

23 years old and already our best striker by a mile. 

Rob B   

Christ that was hard work tonight!! Fair play to Hudson-Odoi and Tammy who were both decent enough, but everyone else was pretty below par overall.  The likes of Zouma, Emerson, Ziyech, Pulisic and probably even Kante are going to have to get used to some time on the bench I think.  Even young Billy wasn’t at his usual high standards tonight - on what was admittedly a terrible pitch. 

The winners from this are the foursome of Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount and Werner playing in that central attacking part of the pitch.  No one is displacing them based on tonight. 

chelboy   
9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Very odd that after watching the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic mince around doing absolutely f all, you’d pick Tammy out to criticise who scored a goal, was brilliant defensively in our box and got MOTM. 

23 years old and already our best striker by a mile. 

You should expect these type of silly comments on Tammy. He doesn’t seem to be liked that much. I would be far more worried about our expensive AM’s so far who haven’t looked like they are up for the challenge. The academy players are the ones that I would be least concerned about. They all seem to have the fight in them. Even Gilmour and CHO put up a fight today. Putting up a fight is the bare minimum.