• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You can't do that with running / cycling. You just have to go as quick as you can. 

Run as fast as you can for a whole long-distance and most runners will collapse. You absolutely do pick and choose when to go all-out with running. And people absolutely do set themselves times as targets, rather than finishing position, in most runs.

If that adds anything to the discussion!

11 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Kepa starting. Looks like Tuchel is getting some internal pressure.

Wild conclusion to jump to. Can't say I watch Newcastle often but may well be tactical reasons for preferring a keeper who stays back to one who rushes out against them.

Edit: Can see this idea has taken hold in a few other posts. Yes, I'm sure the board are so determined Kepa plays that they gave the previous coach a £20m back up. Makes complete sense.

Edited by thevelourfog

chara   

Hmm..TT has given a few "lost" players a chance to play and show what they can or can't do..is this the case with Kepa?

A worrying pick but I'm more concerned about the back line...AC in front of Kepa fills me with dread..but I am of a nervious disposition!

Kepa in goal?

ridiculous, also  as bad as playing Christensen in front of zouma,

what is it with these coaches/managers, keep changing the back 3

Edited by Worsebytheday

DannyLB   
2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Wild conclusion to jump to. Can't say I watch Newcastle often but may well be tactical reasons for preferring a keeper who stays back to one who rushes out against them.

So Kepa's hesitance to come out > Mendy's foot skills, distribution ability, command of his own box? 

I would even maintain that Mendy is a much better shot stopper purely due to his size. 

Not a single chance this is a "tactical" reason, particularly against a team that hoofs the ball in the box consistently. 

On 13/02/2021 at 7:03 PM, The_Ghost said:

Team picks itself imo. 

Mendy

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

CHO Jorginho Kovacic Alonso

Mount Werner 

Abraham

Given some of the other results (Pool losing again!) and Spurs playing away to City a win here can really make things look a lot better. 

Here I thought I’d have nailed 11/11 until I realised he has decided to start Arrizabalaga! What the f...

Unless Mendy isn’t 100% fit this is a very strange call. Hopefully Kepa won’t have a typical Kepa game. If he does we won’t win. 

Ham   

All I can say is that I genuinely hope Kepa has a good game. 

Some bizarre comments regarding the goalkeeping situation. It's not like he s dropped a prime Cech for Kepa.

Let's also not forget that he would have seen a fair bit of Mendy in the Frech league, there is a chance that he just does not rate him as highly as some on here.

Edited by Martin1905

Ham   

Sodding Wet Spam will not go away. Like an annoying fly. 

Like many, I'm surprised to see Kepa in for Mendy especially against a route 1 team. Hopefully it works out. The rest of the lineup is expected.