• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

All I can say is that I genuinely hope Kepa has a good game. 

Well me too. 
But I can just imagine the reaction on here if Frank was still manager and he was playing Kepa with AC in front of him 😲

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Some bizarre comments regarding the goalkeeping situation. It's not like he s dropped a prime Cech for Kepa.

Let's also not forget that he would have seen a fair bit of Mendy in the Frech league, there is a chance that he just does not rate him as highly as some on here.

Well, anyone with a functioning set of eyes will have noticed that Mendy is the much better keeper. He beats Kepa at everything. 

It’s one of the most bizarre calls I’ve ever seen from a Chelsea manager. If this doesn’t come off Tuchel will look like a clown considering we are finally within touching distance from a top four. Difficult set of fixtures coming up... We can’t afford losing points here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Some bizarre comments regarding the goalkeeping situation. It's not like he s dropped a prime Cech for Kepa.

Let's also not forget that he would have seen a fair bit of Mendy in the Frech league, there is a chance that he just does not rate him as highly as some on here.

It’s less the dropping of Mendy and more the promotion of Kepa. Kepa had a decent game against Barnsley, but before then when given chances he has been awful.

Frank was absolutely slated on here for giving Kepa as many chances as he did, so surely Tuchel should also be questioned for suddenly giving him another chance?

I hope it works, I hope Kepa somehow turns it around here, but if he throws one in tonight, then nobody will be surprised.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Kepa in goal?

ridiculous, also  as bad as playing Christensen in front of zouma,

what is it with these coaches/managers, keep changing the back 3

AC plays because he can pass under pressure. Zouma cannot so I do understand that one. 

The Kepa decision however, is lunacy. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It’s less the dropping of Mendy and more the promotion of Kepa. Kepa had a decent game against Barnsley, but before then when given chances he has been awful.

Frank was absolutely slated on here for giving Kepa as many chances as he did, so surely Tuchel should also be questioned for suddenly giving him another chance?

I hope it works, I hope Kepa somehow turns it around here, but if he throws one in tonight, then nobody will be surprised.

We're a business and so it's hardly surprising that we're pushing our £72m asset.  

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

We're a business and so it's hardly surprising that we're pushing our £72m asset.  

Yeah, it is a great idea until someone takes a shot at goal with him in it. 

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Well, anyone with a functioning set of eyes will have noticed that Mendy is the much better keeper. He beats Kepa at everything. 

It’s one of the most bizarre calls I’ve ever seen from a Chelsea manager. If this doesn’t come off Tuchel will look like a clown considering we are finally within touching distance from a top four. Difficult set of fixtures coming up... We can’t afford losing points here. 

Agreed, Tuchel can get away with it against Newcastle but against better teams I hope he sticks to common sense even if the board apply pressure. 

chara   

I hope Kepa does well..as any Chelsea follower should.......seems the wrong time though to give him a chance to recover from such a huge loss of confidence and form........on the other hand if he is no 2 then he has to show he is up for the challenge.

Still doesn't help my BP!!!

19 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

So Kepa's hesitance to come out > Mendy's foot skills, distribution ability, command of his own box? 

I would even maintain that Mendy is a much better shot stopper purely due to his size. 

Not a single chance this is a "tactical" reason, particularly against a team that hoofs the ball in the box consistently. 

So it is more likely the board have suddenly told Tuchel to play Kepa despite accepting it was necessary to spend £20m on Mendy just a few months ago?

It is really plainly a manager's decision. Perhaps not a good one, we'll see. But absolutely barmy to jump to a more sinister explanation.