• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

DannyLB   
1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

So it is more likely the board have suddenly told Tuchel to play Kepa despite accepting it was necessary to spend £20m on Mendy just a few months ago?

It is really plainly a manager's decision. Perhaps not a good one, we'll see. But absolutely barmy to jump to a more sinister explanation. 

In short, yes.

Subjective how much you want to believe certain media outlets post Lampard sacking but it was stated there was friction with getting another goalkeeper in as the board was pushing Lampard towards turning Kepa into a success because of the investment. 

GURJ SS   

Since Tuchel has come in some players who weren't seeing many minutes have seen more, some players who were written off by fans are playing better and deserving to start. Kepa could very well be another example of Tuchel giving him a boost and Kepa having a fresh start here at the club under a new manager, I'd rather be hopeful of our £70M+ being put to use than writing him off under a new manager.

• Like 1

kratos   
2 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

In short, yes.

Subjective how much you want to believe certain media outlets post Lampard sacking but it was stated there was friction with getting another goalkeeper in as the board was pushing Lampard towards turning Kepa into a success because of the investment. 

Would Frank have even signed him?

This selection for tonight is a real head scratcher.

Wait till Carroll comes on 😢

Edited by kratos

7 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

In short, yes.

Explains why Havertz and Pulisic and Ziyech and all the other expensive let downs have been first names on the team sheet since Tuchel came in.

I'm not saying it's a good decision, to be clear. Just that there are plenty of more likely reasons for the decision you'd need to get through before arriving at "Roman picks the team".

Let's hope Newcastle are rubbish enough that it doesn't matter who is in goal.

Is Havertz injured.

I'm quite alarmed that I haven't even registered his absence when the last few squads have been announced, kind of sums up his chelsea career to date.

1 minute ago, GURJ SS said:

Since Tuchel has come in some players who weren't seeing many minutes have seen more, some players who were written off by fans are playing better and deserving to start. Kepa could very well be another example of Tuchel giving him a boost and Kepa having a fresh start here at the club under a new manager, I'd rather be hopeful of our £70M+ being put to use than writing him off under a new manager.

This. 

chara   
2 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

A good expansion of my earlier point.

Holymoly   
23 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Why bother having a manager? The whole thing stinks 😷

I think it was probably a "suggestion" and TT maybe thought it was a case of 6 or two 3s. Of course he hasn't yet been privileged to a Kepastrophe so he has got so much to look forward to.

chara   

I only know what I have read about TT but nothing written about him gives any indication that he would accept a "directive" from the board or anyone regarding his picking of a team.

I question that Newcastle are a side to ease on selection of anyone and I'm sure they are as aware of Chelsea's (or any side) and individual player's weak points.

Edited by chara
mistake

Going to be so many balls sent into the area early on, hopefully he’s up to it and ready to go.

Anyway, thats the selection and so we have to trust it’s the right decision until proven otherwise.

Looking forward to CHO as wing back again and Werner and Tammy on the pitch together. I really hope Werner can get his goal today!