• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 0

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, asvaberg said:
Sat, 13 Feb Newcastle United (H)
Sat, 20 Feb Southampton (A)
Tue, 23 Feb Atletico Madrid (round of 16, 1st game) (A)
Sat, 27 Feb Manchester United (H)
Sat, 6 Mar Everton (H)
Sat, 13 Mar Leeds United (A)
Wed, 17 Mar Atletico Madrid (round of 16, 2nd game) (H)
Sat, 20 Mar Liverpool (A)

In principle agree, but above fixture makes me see things differently. Newcastle is by far the "easiest" upcoming opponent the next weeks.

 

You do have to marvel at how the totally random Premier League fixtures computer managed to totally randomly sandwich games against Manchester United and Liverpool between Champions League round of 16 games in a totally random way .

How totally random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asvaberg   
57 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You do have to marvel at how the totally random Premier League fixtures computer managed to totally randomly sandwich games against Manchester United and Liverpool between Champions League round of 16 games in a totally random way .

How totally random. 

Of course :) 

If Cinderella's shoe fit, why did it fall off?

Conspiracy randomness :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Surely not a sly dig at SFL?

 

It certainly reads that way.

They spent a year an a half lauding Frank as the man who would finally play the kids (just after the club decided all the best kids would go out on loan without ever playing for the first team).

I think they aren't vey bright.  They are just going with whatever compliment they can pick up on for the current guy without understanding the context or history.

I wonder how much the website and promotional materials people are co-operating with the media relations team.

 

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Surely not a sly dig at SFL?

Tommy.jpg

Well it is, even if it is unintentional. 

Huge game tonight, getting into the top 4 will be massive for this squad. Quite a few of us said it wasnt possible due to all the other teams above us and the games in hand some of them, and the teams below us had.

Well if we win tonight we will be 4th, only Everton would be able to go above us with their game in hand and just as importantly we will be only 4 points off United in second place, who we play in 3 games time.

The aim now must quite simply be to finish 2nd and as close to City as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well if we win tonight we will be 4th, only Everton would be able to go above us with their game in hand and just as importantly we will be only 4 points off United in second place, who we play in 3 games time.

The aim now must quite simply be to finish 2nd and as close to City as possible.

If we win tonight, it is short term form against weak teams that will have done it - something that we achieved for a while under Frank.
On average form for the season I reckon we would still not be favourite for a top 4 place.  We need to either extend this run or actually up our game further, just to get 4th.  I really wouldn't be speculating about 2nd now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asvaberg   
16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

The aim now must quite simply be to finish 2nd and as close to City as possible.

 

There is also the possibility that ManC will have a down-period. In theory :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If we win tonight, it is short term form against weak teams that will have done it - something that we achieved for a while under Frank.

Indeed, but we lost to Wolves under Frank and failed to beat Tottenham so that's +4 points in comparative fixtures already.

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

On average form for the season I reckon we would still not be favourite for a top 4 place.  We need to either extend this run or actually up our game further, just to get 4th.  I really wouldn't be speculating about 2nd now.

Well if we win tonight, our average form after 24 games will see us in 4th place. Your argument held a lot more weight 10 or 12 games ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

I thought we would enter top 4 by the time we finished playing Atletico but it seems we are going to break in before the 1st leg. Everton can catch us but their next two games are against Liverpool and City which will see them drop points. 5 or 6 wins in a row can push you far in this table but no one seems capable except City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now