• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hours on Saturday, 20th February 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

Mendy

Zouma AC Rudi

James Kova Jorgi Chilwell

Mount Ziyech 

Giroud 

Can see a few changes for this game. Dave looked leggy tonight so could see him rested before AM. Alonso I think also gets this one off and will return for AM. Can see Ziyech getting some minutes and Soton are one of those teams that will let him play a little more, so wouldn't be surprised to see him start. 

Mount to captain. 

Edited by King Kante

Ham   
17 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Surprised to hear TT has given the players 2 days off. 

A reward for results. Also with Atleti in mind. 

asvaberg   
On 15.2.2021 at 11:41 PM, King Kante said:

Mendy

Zouma AC Rudi

James Kova Jorgi Chilwell

Mount Ziyech 

Giroud 

Can see a few changes for this game. Dave looked leggy tonight so could see him rested before AM. Alonso I think also gets this one off and will return for AM. Can see Ziyech getting some minutes and Soton are one of those teams that will let him play a little more, so wouldn't be surprised to see him start. 

Mount to captain. 

I am VERY uncertain about the lineup for this match.

Do we really have any chance against AM - maybe now, having their "home game" away from Madrid, so in that case I fully agree with you.

And Saints are really having troubles times - last 5 matches lost, one hugely.

Here's my suggestion:

Kepa

James - Rüdiger - Christ - Emerson

Kante(C)

Mount - Ziyech - Gilmour

CHO - Werner

Bench:

Mendy, Chilwell, Jorginho, Kova, Alonso, Pulisic, 

Kante, Pulisic, Ziyech, RJ, Chilwell can slot in easily without much issue

Mendy

RJ AC Rudi Chilwell

Kante Jorginho

Ziyech Mount Pulisic 

Giroud

I hope for this team. Rest Azpi, Alonso, Kova, Werner, CHO and play to the strengths of Chilwell and RJ.

16 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Kante(C)

Mount - Ziyech - Gilmour

I don't think we will ever see Kante used as a loan DM again.  

Gilmour - interesting.  If Gilmour does ever start a PL game this season, then this is his best chance.
I'd still be surprised if he starts though.  I think he has drawn the short straw of just making up squad numbers while other young players get the privilege of going out on loan.

• Thanks 1

asvaberg   

Well, Kante came on against Newcastle and he did play DM, didn't he? Or very defensive, anyway :)

bert19   
35 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Well, Kante came on against Newcastle and he did play DM, didn't he? Or very defensive, anyway :)

Bit of a weird sub that one.  Mount off for Kante at 2-0 up.  Presuming it was to get some minutes into Kante's legs rather than anything else, as I'd have thought Pulisic/Ziyech would have been a more like for like change at a point we were very comfortable in the game. 

Or maybe he wanted to see what the balance was like with the 3 in middle of the midfield before the Atletico game? (Kind of hope we don't see it tbh)