• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

GURJ SS   

Tuchel looked frustrated but he hasn't done the players on the pitch any favours. In his early games we had 5 back behind the ball and 5 forward in front of the ball, slowly over time that's gone from a Back/Foward ratio of 5/5, to 6/4, with today's game being 7/3.

We've lost 3 points because of going so defensive, the thing is we can control possession and harass the opposition with pressing and so on, and push a team right back, but if the right players aren't on the ball then nothing will come of it.

The question is, if Tuchel is being this negative against Southampton then is this the sign of things to come against stronger teams than them? Because we'll continue to have the same issues.

JaneB   

Same old, same old........

Oh for the days of a JFH who actually did what it says on the tin.

It's utterly ridiculous how useless our strikers are at 'striking'.

And the one who might have done is on the bench.

Faramir   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Absolutely

We have a lot of idiots in our team 

I'm very interested to see how Tuchel responds to this 'set back', because we have had a lot of sub par performances from this team all through the season.

paulw66   
Just now, JaneB said:

Same old, same old........

Oh for the days of a JFH who actually did what it says on the tin.

It's utterly ridiculous how useless our strikers are at 'striking'.

And the one who might have done is on the bench.

How many chances did we create for our strikers ?

We lined up with 7 outfield players who are unlikely to score from open play against a team who have lost 6 straight games 

Blue Rod   

That was poor. TT needs to do something about our attacking plan. I hope that he does it quickly. Because there is a certain lack of organisation about our forwards play that reminds me of TT's PSG. For all the star players they had, they never quite gelled on the big occasions. 

Throughout the match, our forward line did not seem to connect with each other. 

GURJ SS   
Just now, paulw66 said:

How many chances did we create for our strikers ?

We lined up with 7 outfield players who are unlikely to score from open play against a team who have lost 6 straight games 

Very true, selection was the main issue here, just seemed like Tuchel gave Southampton's manager far too much respect.

chelboy   

Creativity has been like that for a while. Just poor. Our most creative look like Mount and CHO. If I was Roman I would be very worried considering the amount he has spent on attacking talent. 

Holymoly   

Absoultely shocking performance. When is someone going to tell the manager/players that possession does not equal results (especially when you hand the opposition a goal to take the lead)? Aside from Mount, who plays from too deep to be consistently dangerous, we have no goal threat from open play.

It looks like TT has decided that the only way to protect our brittle defense is to keep the opposition off the ball. Unfortunately if they do get a sniff of the ball, all too often they end up scoring.

CHO looks our best attacking threat as he is the only one who takes on defenders. When Tammy goes off there is no-one in the middle to accept the crosses that James/Werner/Alonso insist on playing. If we continue to send in crosses then Giroud is the only striker we should be playing. If Abraham is on the pitch the midfielders have to adapt to start running towards the goal.

I'm disappointed with TT today. I feel he's settled on the wrong Plan A with the wrong players on the field. It will be interesting to see how we set up for Athletico. One thing's for sure, this side won't do the job.