• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

bert19   
17 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’m not sure he can get anymore defensive can he!?? 

And I wouldn’t have a problem with him hooking CHO in isolation normally, but even a half-arsed Hudson-Odoi is more effective & threatening than Werner or Alonso??  Subbing Tammy and CHO when we needed goals was madness, but then coming out and slating the latter in the media when he could have batted it away is seriously playing with fire. 

I’m also perplexed by his constant presence. The performance I saw from him today was incredibly minimal. Regardless of system, I see Chilwell as an improvement on him in every department. 

bert19   
2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

According to what I've read, Tammy was injured and wanted to come off. 

He probably shouldn’t have started tbh. 

Blue Rod   
31 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’m not sure he can get anymore defensive can he!?? 

And I wouldn’t have a problem with him hooking CHO in isolation normally, but even a half-arsed Hudson-Odoi is more effective & threatening than Werner or Alonso??  Subbing Tammy and CHO when we needed goals was madness, but then coming out and slating the latter in the media when he could have batted it away is seriously playing with fire. 

His explanation for subbing CHO was that he did not like his body language and his attitude. Fair enough, but how about pull him to the touchline, have a word with him, and send him back on to the pitch. If he were to take off every player with negative body language, we would have ended up with no player on the pitch by halftime. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Rob B   
6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not based on what he gave the team in this game. Which was very little. Imo, he looked disinterested.

According to what I've read, Tammy was injured and wanted to come off. As for CHO: see above.

And he certainly didn't 'slate' CHO in the media. He simply answered a direct question, honestly. Shame on him!

TT said post-match that neither were injured and both were tactical.  Specifically on Tammy, he said he didn’t put his stamp on the game. 

And I think by nowadays standards of Manager/Player relationship, subbing someone 25/30 minutes after you brought them on, when they have been your best player for the last 6 games, when you need a goal is baffling. Furthermore, when the replacement is Ziyech, who does as little running as I’ve seen on a football pitch since Ozil, and then to criticise his attitude afterwards is harsh. 

Finally, I don’t think CHO was disinterested, I just don’t think he’s very good in that second striker role.  He was below par playing that position against Spurs.  He doesn’t get the space or 1v1 opportunities that he gets out wide. 

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

And I think by nowadays standards of Manager/Player relationship, subbing someone 25/30 minutes after you brought them on, when they have been your best player for the last 6 games, when you need a goal is baffling. 

Except that he looked way off the pace, and pretty disinterested tbh. What he did for 'the last 6 games' is irrelevant if he's not showing it in this one - which is the one we were trying to win (I think). And he wasn't. Yes, we needed a goal, but based on what CHO was giving, it surely didn't look like it was going to come from him.

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Furthermore, when the replacement is Ziyech, who does as little running as I’ve seen on a football pitch since Ozil, and then to criticise his attitude afterwards is harsh. 

Ziyech's performance (not for the first time) was awful, but it has zero to do with CHO. And even less to do with what the coach said about CHO post game. 

12 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Very true. He's become very underrated on here, I'm afraid.

Personally, I loved Pedro. I just wouldn't class him as a clinical finisher, but as I said I guess it depends on what your definition of a clinical finisher is. I agree he was a good/very good finisher, just not clinical. 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

TT said post-match that neither were injured and both were tactical.  

Just back to this for  sec - I don't think that he did say that (about both players). He certainly said it about CHO, but I can't find where he said it about TA. If you have a link, that would be helpful. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Chrisb said:

I’m with you on this. For all our possession and passing we create nothing and never really look threatening. I’m pretty sure he’s going to go defensive again against Atletico and, to be fair, if he doesn’t I reckon we’ll get well and truly spanked. 
Still disgusted with his treatment of CHO today too. 

The problem facing TT, which was the same facing SFL, but he didn't consider it (or thought that it wasn't a issue) is that we have too many funsized CM's and not good enough CB's. As a result, you have to play a 3atb system in order not to get overrun or have our CB's pulled all over the place. 

I mean look at today, Zouma yet again proved he cannot read the game properly with his positioning for their goal. How he got bypassed by that simply through ball is frankly criminal and I an seriously wondering if there are still people who insist he should be playing ahead of AC in a CCB role. Anyhow, until we either get a full sized CM who is able to physically deal with the league and/or get better CB's I am not sure TT can do much more tactically. 

As for the attacking players, their form dived off a cliff before TT got here and a couple are currently taking baby steps in the right direction. Mount is his usual self, but we have seen improvement from both CHO and Werner. Ziyech and Puli are at about the same level and Harvetz hasn't really been used. As for Tammy, well he is just continuing to play at his level which appears to be a CF2/CF3 level for where we want to be. However, whilst this may not be enough progress for some, it also needs to be remembered he is dealing with the lack of tactical and defensive discipline we witnessed under SFL for virtually his whole time here. 

Kezza   

Love Tuchel for telling it straight and direct and actually not sugar coating any deficiencies for example the useless attack.

And people are still complaining that Tuchel is too harsh? We had soft managers for a while now and this sort of managers does not lead the team anywhere. The team needs a kick up the backside when needed. CHO got what he deserved. He's been promising for a while and now given the chances but it's obvious since ages ago he does not have the work ethics or aggressiveness to realise his potential. If one needs any evidence just compare Mount and CHO and you see why CHO has to buck up if he were to succeed. 

Kezza   
3 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

His explanation for subbing CHO was that he did not like his body language and his attitude. Fair enough, but how about pull him to the touchline, have a word with him, and send him back on to the pitch. If he were to take off every player with negative body language, we would have ended up with no player on the pitch by halftime. 

How are you certain he hasn't tried to talk CHO to do more? I'm certain you missed the constant shouting at CHO and James on the sideline.