• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

Not sure what is the sense behind tearing CHO apart like that publicly is all about.... the whole team has been rubbish since Tuchel took over. I cannot recall a single game that I've said "right, this guy has really changed things here".

If he gets us a trophy, then fair play to him but these games are really hard to watch at the moment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

...but these games are really hard to watch at the moment.

They were harder to watch before, when we were losing them.

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

Must you?

Apologies 

I’ll rephrase to Brazil fawlty. 

“A dam good thrashing”

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Not sure what is the sense behind tearing CHO apart like that publicly is all about....

OFFS, he didn't 'tear him apart', he answered an effing question. If he's going to be offended by that, then he needs to grow up. Surely anyone who actually watched the game would understand why CHO was taken off? No? Must be me then....

Still not much better going forward. Pattern is there but we don’t create enough. We have seen similar signs under Lampard but it never materialised... I’m not sure it will under Tuchel either. Really hope I’m wrong because there is some fire in that mans belly. 

Hopefully we will improve from here because it is needed. 

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

1. 14 points from 6 games where you have played teams currently 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th and 20th is no better than 75 points per season equivalent.

2. We haven't shown "we could beat a decent team" form for 18 months.

1. But still remarkable right?

2. In the last 15 months we’ve beaten;

Spurs 3 times, Arsenal, Everton, Villa, Man C, Liverpool, Leicester and Man U. 

Blue Rod   
4 hours ago, Kezza said:

How are you certain he hasn't tried to talk CHO to do more? I'm certain you missed the constant shouting at CHO and James on the sideline.

A simple and honest answer is, I am not. What I do believe though is that for the 30 min he played, CHO created more danger for Southampton than the rest of the team for 90 min. His deft pass to Mount contributed to our penalty. And he went round their defenders, something we never managed till he came on. 

I did also notice that CHO lost the ball uncharacteristically on a couple of occasions. But however badly he may have been playing, I am surprised that TT thought Ziyech could do a better job. And if CHO was refusing to listen to TT, I wonder what the coach thought about the rest of the team; playing exactly to his instructions?

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So No we are not doing well enough over 6 games to be on course.
And we have shown safe "just good enough" form against teams so far.  We haven't shown "we could beat a decent team" form for 18 months.

Tuesday will be a huge test.

Not sure what you are expecting.

You like others, have written the squad is an +85 PST team, and the problem for not reaching those standards was down to the coaching team. That issue was addressed and a new coaching team is in place, with all the indicators pointing to a top 4 finish. 

Now you are stating the the team cannot beat a top team in the pl. So what is the fundamental problem with the current set up, that make you so negative?

Can’t see AM being a huge test, it’s more likely a free pass. Anything less that 7-1 on agg is an improvement. 

Over to you. 

I haven’t seen too much of this performance (fortunately from what I’ve read and the bits I have seen), so I can’t pass too much judgement, but from what I do know, we learnt very little that we didn’t know before.

- Tammy is not up to being a CF for a team fighting for a European place, I’d actually struggle to pick out too many PL teams that would have him in their starting 11 every week. He just lacks too many key attributes to make it at the top level, unfortunately.

- Alonso is a decent WB, but still not a top player, for me it’s time Chilwell got back in the team for a good run of games.

- Our midfield 2 struggle to control games and make any kind of attacking chances. Jorginho and Kovacic seem to be the best pairing at the moment, but they’re not very inspiring. Kovacic has had some decent games in the last couple of weeks and I do think is a very good player when on form, but they’re all too happy to play sideways/backwards passes, meaning any good runs our forwards have made are wasted.

- Rudiger is still Rudiger and Zouma is still Zouma. We desperately need new CBS and the fact we miss a 35 year old Silva so much, says it all.

- Tuchel football as it stands is pretty dull and creates very few chances. Admittedly the players themselves seem reluctant/unable to pick the right pass out in the final 3rd, but our approach to games at the moment seems to be all about possession rather than goals. That would be ok if we had 3/4 very decisive and instinctive attacking players who could make that perfect final ball, but we don’t. I would like to think Tuchel has become aware of this and will adjust to counter for it and somehow get the correct balance between attack and defence... something Frank never managed.

- We won the games we should have won since Tuchel arrived, apart from yesterday, they were all games we would expect to win, none massively convincingly, but we did win them. Now we will really find out if Tuchel has really made a difference as Atletico, Man United & Liverpool is our next 3 and so we’ll really see where we are after these games. I am quite concerned it won’t go well though, I just hope I’m wrong.

As for what happened with CHO, it’s a brave move by Tuchel and I hope it doesn’t backfire. Personally I see it as a move from him to give him a bit of kick up the backside as he knows how good he can be, but also knows how much work needs to go into getting to the levels he could reach. Tuchel will clearly be looking for a reaction and hopefully he gets one, however, I do think it’s a very risky tactic, especially when so many other players have underperformed for the manager so far.

CHO has been one of our best players since Tuchel came in, but he shouldn’t now take that for granted, he’s young and he has to work hard, he has to improve and with the talents he has, with hard work he could become a seriously top player... IF he wants too.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue