• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's already said that after the game he got all the group together explained to CHO in front of the group why he'd done it and everyone was happy afterwards. 

Depending on what we get going forwards is the tester. 

Suggests to me he knows he dealt with it badly in front of the media and is worried that it could backfire on him by alienating the players. 

Totally avoidable situation. Just be diplomatic with the media and deal with player/ squad issues in-house.

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Suggests to me he knows he dealt with it badly in front of the media and is worried that it could backfire on him by alienating the players. 

Totally avoidable situation. Just be diplomatic with the media and deal with player/ squad issues in-house.

Or just pick him in the next game? Far more important

53 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

So it's about whatever works. 

Still more questions. Would he do the same again. And if not, why?

And why this "get the group together to explain to CHO" thing?

Because - at least according to many on here - lack of energy in the 10 (or 9)  positions seems to be something in common with pretty much every candidate except Mount and Werner.
It is a common theme.

Lets hope Giroud puts some effort in today.

After watching tonight, I am even more fecked off Zouma started as the CCB last weekend. Without his clown antics for their goal, we would've got the 3pts. 

Rob B   
21 minutes ago, King Kante said:

After watching tonight, I am even more fecked off Zouma started as the CCB last weekend. Without his clown antics for their goal, we would've got the 3pts. 

Zouma played precisely to guarantee AC could play against Athletico tonight though.  Whilst clearly at fault, I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he’s been a monster defensively for us since the start of last season.

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

We'd have scored a second too if we could have played it about more freely.
Mind you our best chance in normal play was probably Zouma's header, Christensen wouldn't have got that anywhere near the goal.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Zouma played precisely to guarantee AC could play against Athletico tonight though.  Whilst clearly at fault, I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he’s been a monster defensively for us since the start of last season.

Does AC really need to be rested at this point in his career, especially when he hasn't played so much in the first half of the season? In my opinion, no. 

His omission at the weekend was either down to TT gambling or he had a sligbt tweak that wasn't announced. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

We'd have scored a second too if we could have played it about more freely.
Mind you our best chance in normal play was probably Zouma's header, Christensen wouldn't have got that anywhere near the goal.

You mean the one he was offside for that would've got flagged if it had gone in? 

And yes, we should be scoring more but we both know why we are playing 3atb atm and how the system restricts attacking play. 

50 minutes ago, King Kante said:

And yes, we should be scoring more but we both know why we are playing 3atb atm and how the system restricts attacking play. 

It is Zouma atb that restricts attacking play.  

Rob B   
8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Does AC really need to be rested at this point in his career, especially when he hasn't played so much in the first half of the season? In my opinion, no. 

I don’t think it was resting him from a physical point of view, it was not playing him in case he got injured and missed last night, knowing that Silva was also out.