• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pulisic has played 3129* minutes in a Chelsea shirt.  Werner has played  2127 already.
Mr Mercedes reliability makes him (so far) remarkably cheap.

 

*whoscored - CL and PL only
 

Whether he scores or not, you can't help noticing how well the guy is suited to the PL. He is physically tough, mentally tough, quick, direct, and seems a pretty down-to-earth human.  

He may not be the most polished footballer that has ever walked this planet. But that, if anything, is a plus for a PL player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
53 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Whether he scores or not, you can't help noticing how well the guy is suited to the PL. He is physically tough, mentally tough, quick, direct, and seems a pretty down-to-earth human.  

He may not be the most polished footballer that has ever walked this planet. But that, if anything, is a plus for a PL player. 

AND..he doesn't hide or prima donna it.........think of Morata in a slump...different to an amazing degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chara said:

AND..he doesn't hide or prima donna it.........think of Morata in a slump...different to an amazing degree.

This is why I Like Werner so much, I completely understand we all want more goals from him, of course we do and he should have got more this season without a doubt, but his attitude throughout and his work rate have been fantastic and can’t be faulted and in addition to that, I personally can see a very good player in there and we’ve been seeing a lot more of that in recent weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is why I Like Werner so much, I completely understand we all want more goals from him, of course we do and he should have got more this season without a doubt, but his attitude throughout and his work rate have been fantastic and can’t be faulted and in addition to that, I personally can see a very good player in there and we’ve been seeing a lot more of that in recent weeks.

Another thing with Werner is that people need to stop thinking of him as a CF and think if him more as a Pedro type player. If you do that, then the lack of clinical finishing isn't such an issue as you can appreciate his all round game more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bONes   
2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Another thing with Werner is that people need to stop thinking of him as a CF and think if him more as a Pedro type player. If you do that, then the lack of clinical finishing isn't such an issue as you can appreciate his all round game more. 

Pedro was a clinical finisher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Whether he scores or not, you can't help noticing how well the guy is suited to the PL. He is physically tough, mentally tough, quick, direct, and seems a pretty down-to-earth human.  

He may not be the most polished footballer that has ever walked this planet. But that, if anything, is a plus for a PL player. 

I’m being a bit pedantic but not sure mentally tough is accurate.  He seems like the epitome of a confidence player to me. 

I do like him though. Mainly because of his work rate and his directness.  I don’t think he’s going to be the goal machine I and many hoped for, but he’ll be effective in other ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir   

So deflated for Pulisic. I mean he must be gutted. The form he was in the second half of last season was frightening and incredibly exciting, and I was really thinking and hoping he’d be able to carry that on this season but... it just hasn’t happened whatsoever. Decimated with injuries that guy. Could say the same about Ziyech in terms of he had a really good spell for, what, four or five games was it? Then injuries again.. really disappointing. I thought we’d be absolutely devastating with those two on the wings. But, more gutted about Pulisic than anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bONes said:

Pedro was a clinical finisher

I wouldn't class Pedro as a clinical finisher but I guess it depends on what you bar is. That said, I agree that Werner isn't currently finishing as well as Pedro could. However, my point was more that people shouldn't be looking at Werner as a CF but rather a LWF/SS/False 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir said:

But, more gutted about Pulisic than anything. 

Why?

when the club acquired him he was second fiddle to Sancho. 

You are right that the second half of last season he was very hazzard esq. IMO he seem a bit of a prima-donna and wants all the attention, I really not very keen on players who continually throw there arms in the air when things go wrong “ it’s something you would expect from an academy player” that said, suspect if he plays today he’s going to score. 

Mystic Meg. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I wouldn't class Pedro as a clinical finisher but I guess it depends on what you bar is. That said, I agree that Werner isn't currently finishing as well as Pedro could. However, my point was more that people shouldn't be looking at Werner as a CF but rather a LWF/SS/False 9. 

His goal record at lipzig would say the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now