• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League, Round of 16, 1st Leg match against Atletico Madrid at the National Arena, Bucharest before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. 

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 23rd February 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

We'll Stuff these , they'll have no answer to Tommy's Tornados .

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite nervous about this.  Which is a big step up from how I felt about it 3 weeks ago.

Can’t see the squad losing the tie 7-1and doubt it is top of TT deliverables for the gods. 

I expect if we win this one it'll be " yeah well they weren't really at home so it was an easier game to win"

• Like 1

paulw66   
37 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Atletico drew against Levante yesterday 1-1 and have another game on Saturday.

They've drawn a couple recently and their lead has been cut. Still don't lose many, though. 6 points ahead with a game in a hand. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect if we win this one it'll be " yeah well they weren't really at home so it was an easier game to win"

Nailed on

Well, this will be fun. I think we need Chilwell back in for this, need someone who can defend. CHO in on the right to give us an outlet wide right and someone who can cause their defenders some actual problems.

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Rudiger

CHO - Kovacic - Jorginho - Chilwell

Mount - Werner

Giroud

Faramir   

Hopefully Silva will be ready to slot into the defense. If Tuchel wants to play Kante, then he needs to select both Jorghino and Kovacic behind him in central midfield.

I would like to see this team set up to counter attack when Atlectico attack:

Mendy

Azpilicueta      Silva     Rudigar

CHO      Jorghino    Kovacic    *Alonso

Mount         Kante

Werner

* Perhaps Chilwell would be better for this game but he has hardly played the last few games.

Edit: Hey MBIB... we agree on much of the team. I just think Werner might do well in this game as the striker to break open their defense when they are in our end, with Kante playing his high press game.

Edited by Faramir