• Current Donation Goals

9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well, I thought we were quite ****ing brilliant and thats up there with one of our best performances in years.

I keep hearing Athletico weren't great but thats because we completely and utterly dominated them, absolutely battered them. Destroyed the horrible cheating bastards.

Outstanding from everyone but special mention to Jorginho. Genuine world class performance, ran the game fron start to finish. 

Not brilliant but very good.
A big contrast between not being able to beat the team we needed to take 3 points off, and winning the game where a score draw was all we required.
This is very much Conte style.  Boring as hell, but that has always been the least of my worries.  We are much better at keeping a clean sheet than at creating goals when we need them.  

Jorginho was terriffic.  As was Mount.  The 3 CBs were excellent, and I really thought Werner gave their back 3 a very tough time.  He might not have been involved in a goal, but I am sure they don't like playing him (more so a goal down in the 2nd leg).

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

BT now applauding Chewy Luis pinching Rudi on the thigh to get a reaction as 'smart'. 

I f##king give up.  

They'd gone a goal down.  One of the many things wrong with VAR is that that will never get dealt with.  

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As for the game, got to be happy but felt we should've push for the 3rd, as AM were there for the taking. A second away goal is worth 1.5 goals effectively so I would've risked it even if it meant a 1-1. 

As for the players, I felt all of them put a shift in. Jorgi really annoyed me with his final ball but he did keep it moving. Alonso again, was nowhere near as bad as some posters on here were try to make out he is. AC actually gets my MotM. 

That said, still a lot to play for and this tie is far from over but it is always nice to get an away CL KO stage win. 

Christiansen showed what we missed against Saints. This formation plays to his strengths. He's great at bringing the ball out. I thought Rudiger was brilliant today too. Was more than a match for buck.

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not brilliant but very good.
A big contrast between not being able to beat the team we needed to take 3 points off, and winning the game where a score draw was all we required.
This is very much Conte style.  Boring as hell, but that has always been the least of my worries.  We are much better at keeping a clean sheet than at creating goals when we need them.  

Jorginho was terriffic.  As was Mount.  The 3 CBs were excellent, and I really thought Werner gave their back 3 a very tough time.  He might not have been involved in a goal, but I am sure they don't like playing him (more so a goal down in the 2nd leg).

They'd gone a goal down.  One of the many things wrong with VAR is that that will never get dealt with.  

Yeah, they're going to have to be careful of giving him and Puli (who I reckon will come in for Mount) too much space as they will get away from their fairly static backline. 

9 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Christiansen showed what we missed against Saints. This formation plays to his strengths. He's great at bringing the ball out. I thought Rudiger was brilliant today too. Was more than a match for buck.

Christensen was superb tonight, if that was the first time you had ever watched him you would be raving about him.

Rudiger was, is and always has been brilliant for us ( except for one extremely dodgy spell but its becoming more and more obvious why that was, if it wasnt already)

Edited by Martin1905

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Haha I actually have to applaud that from Suarez. What a huge prick 

Almost 20 years later and he hasn't changed one bit.

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Christensen was superb tonight, if that was the first time you had ever watched him you would be raving about him.

Rudiger was, is and always has been brilliant for us ( except for one extremely dodgy spell but its becoming more and more obvious why that was, if it wasnt already)

AC has mostly been like this, it is just he is weak. If we could somehow transplant his brain into Zouma's body then we would have a WC CB. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Azpi's passing tonight has been nothing short of horrendous.

It's been progressively been getting worse as he's aged.

chelboy   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are much better at keeping a clean sheet than at creating goals 

I see us as this at the moment. I think Tuchel can tweak it slightly to get us being more balanced. I can’t help but feel we are better from wide positions when we have James and Chilwell playing RB and LB. Eventually I think Tuchel will switch formations and look for a better balance in the attack as we are relying on individual moments right now. CL isn’t the game to change things but I hope we can beat a team convincingly, maybe Leeds or Everton we can get a performance of creating clear cut chances and defending well at the same time. 

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Much more Sarri than Conte for me but we probably wont agree on that. The only resemblance to Conte I can see is the formation.

The attacking side of things will come, we have far too many quality  attacking players for it not to. I reckon if you had said to Tuchel last summer you could buy one player for PSG he would have picked Havertz, he will be more aware of his talent than most and its only a matter of time until hw starts playing the vast majority of gamws and shows everyone just how good he is. This side, right now is crying out for him.

Ham   

Anyone got links to the Suarez backheel scream dive and the Suarez pinch of the inside leg?

How has this (don't know how to describe him without using the c word) got a good generally good disciplinary record (chewing flesh and blatant racism aside?)