• Current Donation Goals

Maka is the better, more influential player for me. 

That is most definitely not to disparage Kante though. He is a terrific player, evidenced by his performance against Liverpool last night.

A bit hard to compare Kante and Maka. I think Maka wins by a little too, but would have loved to see Kante with a star Mid of Lamps/Ballack/Essien. His midfield partners at the club have been sub-par at best.

38 minutes ago, didierforever said:

A bit hard to compare Kante and Maka. I think Maka wins by a little too, but would have loved to see Kante with a star Mid of Lamps/Ballack/Essien. His midfield partners at the club have been sub-par at best.

Sorry, but I think that this last comment is very harsh. No, they're not Lamps/Ballack/Essien, but then very few midfields were/are. Maka and Kante are simply different players, playing in different eras. Both good, but in different ways.

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry, but I think that this last comment is very harsh. No, they're not Lamps/Ballack/Essien, but then very few midfields were/are. Maka and Kante are simply different players, playing in different eras. Both good, but in different ways.

Maybe, but its just how I feel.

Matic had his uses, but once players blocked his passing lanes from the left foot, he started becoming redundant. I mean, I can't remember a more one-footed player. 

Kova limited in his ability in the final 3rd.

Jorginho - no athleticism. Very limited in his overall ability and dont think he can do anything that would be out his comfort zone. 

Bakayoko - had a torrid season with us.

I mean obviously they are no where near the ability of Lamps/Ballack/Essien, but even when we are not comparing the above list to them, they still would fall short even when compared to the CM options at other big clubs like City/Liverpool/Bayern etc.