• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

Recommended Posts

chara   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ditto here...... 🐶🐶🥩🍕(Apart for the Mrs C bit)

Burglars could ransack the place and mine would sleep. Open the fridge door, however.......👀

My senior madam...from a brat pup to matron now....sits with her head glued to my knee at b'fast...I never feed her but she lives in hope...but as soon as Mrs C opens the honey tub she's gone for a honey toast crust...I don't approve but then I'm only here to move the wood for the fire!

On topic....she's better looking than Slab head!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Wonder what VAR have in store for us here?

Last season, we had Maguire kicking Michy in the nuts - nothing wrong with that. Then a goal disallowed because one player pushed Azpi into another one of theirs. Then Giroud offside by an inch. This season Maguire grabs Azpi round the neck in the area - nothing to see here. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
On 22/02/2021 at 0:27 AM, chara said:

My senior madam...from a brat pup to matron now....sits with her head glued to my knee at b'fast...I never feed her but she lives in hope...but as soon as Mrs C opens the honey tub she's gone for a honey toast crust...I don't approve but then I'm only here to move the wood for the fire!

On topic....she's better looking than Slab head!!!

Bless her 🐶💙

On 22/02/2021 at 0:20 AM, chara said:

PS..Manure?....long long gone are the days when I cared to watch them when they were a real glamour club..with real greats....now just a disliked group of somewhats including coach.....to think I bunked off school and got into deep doodoo to watch Fulham/Manure cuptie waaay back...folly of youth indeed.

Mark got it right (yet again) as to how we seem to make them look better than they are.........

I don’t dislike OGS 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Wonder what VAR have in store for us here?

Last season, we had Maguire kicking Michy in the nuts - nothing wrong with that. Then a goal disallowed because one player pushed Azpi into another one of theirs. Then Giroud offside by an inch. This season Maguire grabs Azpi round the neck in the area - nothing to see here. 

Yeh what is it with Maguire in particular and VAR? He'll be bringing a weapon to hit people with on the pitch if things carry on at this rate. The elbow against Newcastle is the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a UFC Octagon.  He even looked away from the ball, looked for the player and then elbowed him.  It's ridiculous what he's getting away with.  

I was talking to a Man Utd supporting colleague after the Cup semi-final last season where Maguire clattered into Bailly and got him a free Ambulance trip about how vicious he is.  I thought he was clearly targeting Giroud there and either by a glimpse from the corner of the eye, or just blind luck, Giroud got out of the way and Maguire smashed into the head of his teammate instead.  If he hadn't moved, I think Oli would've got a much worse injury than Bailly ended up with as his head would've been sandwiched between the two of them. 

He's a thug.  Hope he gets an unpleasant comeuppance in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Yeh what is it with Maguire in particular and VAR? He'll be bringing a weapon to hit people with on the pitch if things carry on at this rate. The elbow against Newcastle is the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a UFC Octagon.  He even looked away from the ball, looked for the player and then elbowed him.  It's ridiculous what he's getting away with.  

I was talking to a Man Utd supporting colleague after the Cup semi-final last season where Maguire clattered into Bailly and got him a free Ambulance trip about how vicious he is.  I thought he was clearly targeting Giroud there and either by a glimpse from the corner of the eye, or just blind luck, Giroud got out of the way and Maguire smashed into the head of his teammate instead.  If he hadn't moved, I think Oli would've got a much worse injury than Bailly ended up with as his head would've been sandwiched between the two of them. 

He's a thug.  Hope he gets an unpleasant comeuppance in the near future.

He still has a very serious charge hanging over him in Greece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

He still has a very serious charge hanging over him in Greece.

Don't hold your breath!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   

Its a shame Real Sociedad have rolled over in their Europa League tie - I am sure Manure will now rest players for our match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   
On 22/02/2021 at 0:20 AM, chara said:

PS..Manure?....long long gone are the days when I cared to watch them when they were a real glamour club..with real greats....now just a disliked group of somewhats including coach.....to think I bunked off school and got into deep doodoo to watch Fulham/Manure cuptie waaay back...folly of youth indeed.

 

I was thinking about this the other day. I've been supporting Chelsea FC from about 1968, but back in those days I never really "hated" any clubs. Living in Wales with no real local club (Swansea Town was a two hour drive away and in the old division 4)  the kids in my school tended to support the teams de jour....Manure, Arse, less so the Scum for some reason. Only one other friend also supported Chelsea, and I only did initially because I liked the kit, white stripe and the number on the shorts (THAT'S how shallow I am). We were unaware of rivalries and developed our own, in my case Leeds, the first club I ever actively disliked. When the FA Cup was on TV I used to watch it avidly irrespective of who was playing. If an English team made it to a European Cup final I would be shouting for them. I even had a grudging respect for WHU if they were on MOTD with the expansive play of Pop Robson, Clyde Best and Trevor Brooking.

As I've got older however I recognise that I've become bitter and twisted, developing a real honest to god hatred of clubs like the Scum, Manure, Arsenal, Spuds et al. I would now rarely watch a final with another English club in it and I generally fast forward through MOTD until Chelsea turn up. I don't know about the folly of youth, I'd maybe term it innocence. Maybe Monty Python got it right when they paraphrased C K Chesterton saying “The follies of a man’s youth are in retrospect glorious compared to the follies of old age.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I was thinking about this the other day. I've been supporting Chelsea FC from about 1968, but back in those days I never really "hated" any clubs. Living in Wales with no real local club (Swansea Town was a two hour drive away and in the old division 4)  the kids in my school tended to support the teams de jour....Manure, Arse, less so the Scum for some reason. Only one other friend also supported Chelsea, and I only did initially because I liked the kit, white stripe and the number on the shorts (THAT'S how shallow I am). We were unaware of rivalries and developed our own, in my case Leeds, the first club I ever actively disliked. When the FA Cup was on TV I used to watch it avidly irrespective of who was playing. If an English team made it to a European Cup final I would be shouting for them. I even had a grudging respect for WHU if they were on MOTD with the expansive play of Pop Robson, Clyde Best and Trevor Brooking.

As I've got older however I recognise that I've become bitter and twisted, developing a real honest to god hatred of clubs like the Scum, Manure, Arsenal, Spuds et al. I would now rarely watch a final with another English club in it and I generally fast forward through MOTD until Chelsea turn up. I don't know about the folly of youth, I'd maybe term it innocence. Maybe Monty Python got it right when they paraphrased C K Chesterton saying “The follies of a man’s youth are in retrospect glorious compared to the follies of old age.”

Whew HM.....that's me to a T (TT?)......I'm sure we are not the only somewhat "older" posters who feel the same....teams de jour....absolutely...my first real experience was the Spurs double side as all the :non sporting" kids jumped on the bandwagon...Manure had the Munich syndrome to help them and in truth had some great sides..I remember well the European Cup victory and general well done feeling everywhere,,Now?...wouldn't bother and last time they were in a final without Chelsea I didn't watch it..but do remember watching the Aston Villa Final whilst staying in Norfolk somewhere on business...not now.

Oh and the Celtic winning year.......innocence?..probably.....Roy left the building a long time ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must win if we want top 4 and must win because we owe this lot big time, as many others of you have said.

We'll be up against VAR and Man Utd, so it won't be easy, but I do believe we have what it takes to beat them, as long as we can actually start to create some chances. I expect Giroud to start after last night and in fact, I expect it'll be entirely the same team unless Silva is back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now