• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

Recommended Posts

chelboy   
1 hour ago, kratos said:

Problem with that is Rudiger, Christiansen and Dave would all go to pieces in a flat back 4.

But I agree with you about chilwell and James.

Yeah but we have to take that risk. I think we need more attacking players on the pitch. We are relying on individual moments to carry us at the moment. As long as we have Silva I think we can play a back 4. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see mount in the double pivot role . With 3 at the back we don’t need 2 holding midfielders who rarely threaten the opponent. And honestly I would not not give zyech another start he’s just not suited to the premiership it’s to fast and tough for him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of getting a CL place, a win would have been a big step up, a loss a big step down.  0-0 is somewhere middling.
Same applies on Thursday against Liverpool.

At least we are getting some of the games against the top half teams out of the way.  But most of the teams we have moved ahead of have played more.  And Arsenal have already played the top 3 twice.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great watch, but we looked solid and never felt like we would lose that game. Whilst we have not set the world on fire under TT, we are clearly a much better outfit who can compete with most opponents, which is progress.

AC and Rudiger very good solid performances. Kovacic and Kante pretty good. The rest were average at best really.

Whilst difficult game where the two teams cancelled each other out. Werner came on with about 15mins to play when the team are at home looking for a goal. Anyone know if he actually touched the ball?? I genuinely don’t remember him touching the ball once in his little cameo! I stand corrected if he did . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

There’s also a constant theme that whoever plays ST struggles in the game. I have seen Giroud Tammy and Werner struggle there in nearly every game they have played there. Thought Giroud struggled against Atletico despite the goal. We never play to our strikers strengths and barely involve them in the game even though we have so much possession. It’s the worst position to play in this current system. You don’t get much of the ball and you don’t get many chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aussie1979 said:

I would like to see mount in the double pivot role . With 3 at the back we don’t need 2 holding midfielders who rarely threaten the opponent. And honestly I would not not give zyech another start he’s just not suited to the premiership it’s to fast and tough for him 

Me too.  It will take time though.  Even Maka started off as a more attacking midfielder.  Young players develop responsibility slowly and get moved backwards - it is natural.

Ziyech is fine though - in 9 games only Mount has looked good in that double 10 role.  All the others have flopped - perhaps because we are expecting killer passes from them to complement Mount's energy.  That won't be easy until we have both Jorginho and Silva back to find the No 10s in space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
55 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte turned that into a title win, but then he had Costa and Hazard.  Without Costa we finished 23 points lower in 5th, because when you play that percentage game, a few extra goals makes a lot of difference.

 I'm sorry, but there is no comparison between the counterattacks of Conte and what is passing as counterattack so far under TT. Our counterattacks were unstoppable under Conte. I dont know what TT's counterattacks look like. What I see is that we win the ball, take a deep breath, pass it amongst ourselves, allowing our opponent to regroup. Then we try and zig-zag our way upfield. That is called possession,  not counterattack.

We would struggle to break down any serious team in the PL or Serie, A playing like this. It can only work in leagues where defending is not such a big thing. 

 

Edited by Blue Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kante was better second half with the ball but does commit far too often and loses his position. We got lucky on one or two occasions where he went wandering off. I simply don’t see him in this system - for me, and I’m amazed to admit to this, I prefer a Jorginho - Kovacic partnership.... 

Yet again we seriously lack the cutting edge. Just keeping the ball won’t win you games, although it makes life a lot easier for the three central defenders. But we simply have to be more adventurous if this is going to be a sustainable set-up long-term. 

MoM a toss up between Rudiger and Mount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Me too.  It will take time though.  Even Maka started off as a more attacking midfielder.  Young players develop responsibility slowly and get moved backwards - it is natural.

Ziyech is fine though - in 9 games only Mount has looked good in that double 10 role.  All the others have flopped - perhaps because we are expecting killer passes from them to complement Mount's energy.  That won't be easy until we have both Jorginho and Silva back to find the No 10s in space.

I'm keen to know just what Ziyech is doing that fills you with confidence ?

Other than the usual "everyone else is complaining about him" contraryanism ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

 I'm sorry, but there is no comparison between the counterattacks of Conte and what is passing as counterattack so far under TT. Our counterattacks were unstoppable under Conte. I dont know what TT's counterattacks look like. What I see is that we win the ball, take a deep breath, pass it amongst ourselves, allowing our opponent to regroup. Then we try and zig-zag our way upfield. That is called possession,  not counterattack.

We would struggle to break down any serious team in the PL or Serie, A playing like this. It can only work in leagues where defending is not such a big thing. 

 

Said it before, other than formation this is absolutely nothing like a Conte team.

Really peculiar that anyone is suggesting it.

Far more Sarri than Conte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now