• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I thought Ziyech was pretty good.

I guess only TT agrees with this comment

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I thought Ziyech was pretty good.

What game were you watching. He could barely hold on to the ball, can hardly pass and is so **** when under pressure, just makes you wonder about the standard of football in the Dutch league. 

9 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Said it before, other than formation this is absolutely nothing like a Conte team.

Really peculiar that anyone is suggesting it.

Far more Sarri than Conte.

Just like Sarri we don’t create enough chances. This time we create even less. Difference? Hazard. 

Lampard didn’t have Hazard so had to be more adventurous. That made us weaker defensively while conceding far too many due to Kepa being useless. I’ve said this countless times - without Hazard we need a more attacking set-up to score goals.

Was laughed at in here. Well, I think it is pretty clear really. We don’t create more than 1-2 chances per game regardless of who we play. Not sustainable. 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

100%

Everyone ignoring the unusual arm movement of Greenwood. 

20210228_203136.jpg

I said at the time no way that’s a penalty. Greenwood clearly pushes Odoi’s hand to the ball. It actually looked to me that Greenwood tried to use his upper arm to get the ball with him but hit Odoi’s hand by mistake. A split second later Greenwood has his upper arm all over the ball. 

If that would have been given as a penalty it would have been a joke. The free-kick that created the situation even more of a joke - Mount being kicked down by a high foot from McTominay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Was laughed at in here. Well, I think it is pretty clear really. We don’t create more than 1-2 chances per game regardless of who we play. Not sustainable

18 shots, 6 on target, where as the Spud had 16 shots, 7 on target  yet the spuds got 4 goals "its a funny old game"

cannot understand why the likes of Pulisic is not doing what he did during the restart of driving at defenders in the box, and winning penalties.

I think the issue with the penalty is more to do with OGS post game melt down and the fact the referee is reported as being told its a penalty by the imbeciles at Stockley Park in earshot of a United player and then telling said player that he didn't want to open himself to the aggravation that giving that as a penalty would do ., or words to that effect.

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Surprised there’s been so much fuss made about the “handball”. 

Watched the game on mute as I was in Zoom with some mates, and didn't listen to or read any press last night. Hadn't myself given it a second thought; Greenwood clearly hits that ball with his arm just as he and Hudson-Odoi started tussling for it. A nothing incident, turned into something in retrospect just for something to write/talk about imo.

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Just like Sarri we don’t create enough chances. This time we create even less. Difference? Hazard. 

Lampard didn’t have Hazard so had to be more adventurous. That made us weaker defensively while conceding far too many due to Kepa being useless. I’ve said this countless times - without Hazard we need a more attacking set-up to score goals.

Was laughed at in here. Well, I think it is pretty clear really. We don’t create more than 1-2 chances per game regardless of who we play. Not sustainable. 

I said at the time no way that’s a penalty. Greenwood clearly pushes Odoi’s hand to the ball. It actually looked to me that Greenwood tried to use his upper arm to get the ball with him but hit Odoi’s hand by mistake. A split second later Greenwood has his upper arm all over the ball. 

If that would have been given as a penalty it would have been a joke. The free-kick that created the situation even more of a joke - Mount being kicked down by a high foot from McTominay. 

Agreed. We did have an element of control under Sarri the majority of the games we played. However, we simply didn't create very much and that was with a world class player who was in the best 1-2 years period of form in his career. Its still early days for TT though and he needs to somehow find a way of being in control of the game, but ensuring we actually have a creative threat. I think the lack of a striker who can do everything we need them to do, is a clear handicap.

11 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Watched the game on mute as I was in Zoom with some mates, and didn't listen to or read any press last night. Hadn't myself given it a second thought; Greenwood clearly hits that ball with his arm just as he and Hudson-Odoi started tussling for it. A nothing incident, turned into something in retrospect just for something to write/talk about imo.

Yep. I'm surprised such a non event moment in a game can create so much discussion. Modern football really is a horrible experience and it seems like it will get much worse, before it may get better.

I'm getting closer and closer to just tossing the game off to be honest. It's these type of scenarios and the whole pointless analysis that comes with it as to why. As for OGS comments after, what a load of absolute bollox. To be so dogmatic over that incident, it just further questions the way the game has gone and is heading.

2 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Agreed. We did have an element of control under Sarri the majority of the games we played. However, we simply didn't create very much and that was with a world class player who was in the best 1-2 years period of form in his career. Its still early days for TT though and he needs to somehow find a way of being in control of the game, but ensuring we actually have a creative threat. I think the lack of a striker who can do everything we need them to do, is a clear handicap.

Yep. I'm surprised such a non event moment in a game can create so much discussion. Modern football really is a horrible experience and it seems like it will get much worse, before it may get better.

I'm getting closer and closer to just tossing the game off to be honest. It's these type of scenarios and the whole pointless analysis that comes with it as to why. As for OGS comments after, what a load of absolute bollox. To be so dogmatic over that incident, it just further questions the way the game has gone and is heading.

I wonder what the next generation of football fans will be like and think about the game? Imagine being a kid and growing up on this current game of football, where everything is over analysed and every decision is reviewed numerous times, slowed down, zoomed in and judged within a millimetre of movement. I can’t believe you’d grow up with the same love of the game as we did.

Part of the fun was that you were essentially watching professional athletes play the game you’d play in the playground or the park and you could try and emulate them and feel you were playing the same game. It just isn’t the same game anymore and seems to get worse every season.

I used to think Andy Gray and his interactive screen was over the top, now look where we are. 

Stim   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the issue with the penalty is more to do with OGS post game melt down and the fact the referee is reported as being told its a penalty by the imbeciles at Stockley Park in earshot of a United player and then telling said player that he didn't want to open himself to the aggravation that giving that as a penalty would do ., or words to that effect.

It's consistent. Consistently ****.

Its like when the ref let Spurs kick the life out of us at battle of the bridge because he 'didn't want to spoil the title race' or something to that effect.

Unfortunately one decision not going uniteds way is now going to be proof that they somehow DON'T get soft decisions in their favour constantly and are actually hard done by! Were they this irate about Maguire rugby tackling Azpi in the box in the reverse fixture?