• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

bert19   
2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Silva has only played under TT for two games. I thought he was doing well. And was having a great game against the Spuds before he was injured. I think we've lacked his range of passing. Yes Christensen has done well, but we lack that with him.

I agree with Chilwell, but I don't think he's played much as a WB. Saying that, I thought he played well in the second half. 

Mendy is solid - nothing more nothing less

I can’t help but think Chilwell has a right to feel pretty aggrieved at being dropped the way he has been. He was really good after he came into the team, any dip in form coincided with the team being poor as a whole and he’s been dropped for Alonso (who lets face it was out of the picture for very obvious reasons). 

It would also make some sense if Alonso was better defensively, quicker, more athletic, energetic or anything else that really matters. But he isn’t. So a weird one for me. 

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

3 players haven't stepped up a gear, though I would agree they were all doing well under SFL.  Chilwell,

Can't understand the identification of Chilwell. Its not his fault the Coach is playing it safe for a top 4 position and keeping his job after the end of season, by utilizing players with experience in a WB position. That said Chilwell did ok on Sunday, especially with Alonso; seemingly going back to his casual self and is being targeted by the opposition.

Chilwell should start ahead of Alonso against the dippers.

12 hours ago, chara said:

Echoed some thoughts of mine...watched a bit of the Brighton game and the Aston Villa game this weekend...missed out on the Manure game although had it recorded..result and comments here had me watching highlights only...I digress....so many games I watch are basically the same game...same tactics same dives same officiating etc etc...with rare exceptions very few "on your feet" moments. I read somewhere..Leeds described as "The Leeds Entertainers"!.....if that is the standard I truly fear for the game......I of course am from the Leeds are #1 on the loathed list generation although even the Dirty Leeds side had some great players and could play some great football..which of course made them worthy of our sneers and curses.

Citeh I like to watch as they can and do provide some entertainment but when off song they can look a bit samey.

The Chelsea input to the problem?.....yep it's there but at least we can see an improvement in some areas and we are aware that TT is looking at everyone and assessing for next season.....I don't go along with the "temporary" status of his appointment....

Indeed..."It isn't the same game anymore " and "I can't believe you'd grow up WITH THE SAME LOVE OF THE GAME AS WE DID"

Progress and change is good but somehow the game looks..imho...to be heading down a blind alley.

Yep, it just doesn’t feel the same anymore.

I struggle to remember a match in the last few years and definitely since the introduction of VAR, that you could call a proper classic, like we used to have. The game is officiated to within an inch of its life now and it takes so much of the fun away. I don’t celebrate goals like I used too, instead I await to see how VAR is going to try and rule it out, you don’t see players putting in big challenges anymore or setting down a marker as you know VAR will review it in ultra slow motion to try and detect whether the players boot grazed the defenders leg hair first or if indeed it was the ball first. I just think it’s all gone too far and it’s setup for the broadcasters and not the fans. I used to love watching all the big non-Chelsea games on sky, Man Utd and Arsenal had some proper matches through the 90s, but now those games are all hype and no substance.

Not having fans in the ground doesn’t help and I’d like to think the game and clubs would realise that and realise just how important the fans are to this sport, but I fear that’s never going to happen - fans are income to clubs and nothing more.

12 hours ago, bert19 said:

I can’t help but think Chilwell has a right to feel pretty aggrieved at being dropped the way he has been. He was really good after he came into the team, any dip in form coincided with the team being poor as a whole and he’s been dropped for Alonso (who lets face it was out of the picture for very obvious reasons). 

It would also make some sense if Alonso was better defensively, quicker, more athletic, energetic or anything else that really matters. But he isn’t. So a weird one for me. 

6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Can't understand the identification of Chilwell. Its not his fault the Coach is playing it safe for a top 4 position and keeping his job after the end of season, by utilizing players with experience in a WB position. That said Chilwell did ok on Sunday, especially with Alonso; seemingly going back to his casual self and is being targeted by the opposition.

Chilwell should start ahead of Alonso against the dippers.

Been saying this for a couple of weeks now, Chilwell should be in ahead of Alonso for me. I get that Alonso is a good wing back, but Chilwell can do the things Alonso does (apart from his finishing and positioning when in the box) and also do the defensive side which Alonso struggle with.

Chilwell had a drop in form, he wasn’t the only one, but for me he should be back in the team now. He did well vs Man U, not anything amazing, but did the job asked and showed he has a much better engine than Alonso.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Chilwell had a drop in form, he wasn’t the only one, but for me he should be back in the team now. He did well vs Man U, not anything amazing, but did the job asked and showed he has a much better engine than Alonso.

He had a MASSIVE drop off in form and I thought he was awful against United too. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He had a MASSIVE drop off in form and I thought he was awful against United too. 

I Thought he was sound and reliable in the game.

Need him of the dippers or Mr TT D'arby going to have a field day with the space behind Alsono.

24 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I Thought he was sound and reliable in the game.

Need him of the dippers or Mr TT D'arby going to have a field day with the space behind Alsono.

I thought he was unadventurous and negated his attacking responsibilities , however that may be team orders from Tommy Trinder . 

Ham   
7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought he was unadventurous and negated his attacking responsibilities , however that may be team orders from Tommy Trinder . 

If we're looking for someone to accept a pass on the touchline and eventually pass it back whence it came for 90 minutes then he's right up there. 

He looks bereft of ideas and lacking in confidence. Alonso still offers more if we're sticking with 3 at the back. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

If we're looking for someone to accept a pass on the touchline and eventually pass it back whence it came for 90 minutes then he's right up there. 

He looks bereft of ideas and lacking in confidence. Alonso still offers more if we're sticking with 3 at the back. 

And AND he looks like a young Harry Enfield

kratos   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And AND he looks like a young Harry Enfield

Still waiting for Julio Geordio to finally make his debut.

Sure as hell he has been interviewed infront of Stamford Bridge enough times.