JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

I wonder if Silva is fit, he will play?

If he is fit, he plays. 

paulw66   
On 25/02/2021 at 8:15 AM, The_Ghost said:

Certainly a must lose with a win being a very pleasant bonus. 

If we are serious about a top dour charge we simply has to start winning against the top teams. What better game to start with than this one? 

Team is largely picking itself imo, but I'm a bit wary playing Alonso against Rashford and would perhaps chose Chilwell for this one.

Mendy

Azpi Christensen Rüdiger

Hudson-O Jorginho Kovacic Chilwell

Mount Werner

Giroud

Whoops! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/02/26/tuchel-chelsea-injury-update-ahead-of-man-united

No Silva, Christensen in again then - which based on recent performances, I'm ok with.

Hmm - I guess the club may be reconsidering a contract for next year.  Great when fit.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hmm - I guess the club may be reconsidering a contract for next year.  Great when fit.

Time to cash in on Christensen, before his dad starts mouthing off to the press "again"

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Time to cash in on Christensen,

No, it really isn't. That would be silly, imo.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

before his dad starts mouthing off to the press "again"

It's about the player, not his father, or what his father says, surely? 

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

No, it really isn't. That would be silly, imo.

It's about the player, not his father, or what his father says, surely? 

MT - Christensen's father is his agent, do you remember the shenanigans during and after his two year loan in Germany regarding, his son being a 1st team player and how he will not come back to the club to be a squad player etc, etc,, 

He is a good player, however; I don't think he will ever become top draw. IMO if a team is prepared to pay decent money for him the club should take it

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

MT - Christensen's father is his agent, do you remember the shenanigans during and after his two year loan in Germany regarding, his son being a 1st team player and how he will not come back to the club to be a squad player etc, etc,, 

He is a good player, however; I don't think he will ever become top draw. IMO if a team is prepared to pay decent money for him the club should take it

There hasn't been much noise for a long time and that's with him being on the bench for a year. Thinking back, Christensen was obviously great under Conte but he also pretty good under Sarri. Towards the end of that season Rudiger was injured and he stepped up and performed very well in the Europa final. Perhaps another written off too quickly under questionable management. I was certainly one of those who thought he wasn't up to it but re-evaluating after recent performances. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Jasonb   

I think he is a good squad option and looking at City and the re-emergence of John Stones suggests defenders can improve.

Let's see how he goes with a run of games.

2 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

There hasn't been much noise for a long time and that's with him being on the bench for a year

Might be something to do with the hefty pay rise the club gave him when he signed a contract extension. Dad will be heard when it time for another pay rise