• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

7 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think he is a good squad option and looking at City and the re-emergence of John Stones suggests defenders can improve

Another player being paid stupid money for being a very average player, hence the reluctance to make a noise and get moved on

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Anyone else absolutely hate the way Fernandes behaves towards opposition players and referees (even his own team mates and manager?). I'll give him credit as a quality player, but he gives me that same "villain" vibe ala Suarez (or as rival fans had towards Costa), though doesn't seem to attract the same level of media vilification that Suarez and Costa did. United player privilege perhaps? 

I suppose it's all fun and games when we have someone like that, but it certainly is irritating to see from a rival player. 

Would absolutely love to beat them above all else to rub his arrogant face in it. 

chelboy   
59 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think he is a good squad option and looking at City and the re-emergence of John Stones suggests defenders can improve.

Let's see how he goes with a run of games.

Barely seen any improvement with Stones. Dias is the one that has made a big difference plus it seems Pep has made them more balanced. This is the first time under Pep where I have seen them defend well consistently. 

Sciatika   

Unfortunately, Phil Jones is still injured for this one.

If anyone's after a second hand car Joe Cole's on BT at the moment.

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If anyone's after a second hand car Joe Cole's on BT at the moment.

His dad was actually a market trader in Camden so not far off. 😅

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Barely seen any improvement with Stones. Dias is the one that has made a big difference plus it seems Pep has made them more balanced. This is the first time under Pep where I have seen them defend well consistently. 

Sure Dias has made a huge difference and the team as a whole has got much better at strangling teams through domination. I'm not having that though, from what I've seen of Stones this year he's been excellent. Always been a good ball player but he's no longer making mistakes and he seems to be more aggressive in his defending. Laporte is one of the best left sided centre half's in the world and he can't get a kick at the moment. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Anthony Taylor is the ref. We may as well swerve this one .

2 hours ago, Ham said:

His dad was actually a market trader in Camden so not far off. 😅

I still can't get over his Dad's name being George Cole.

4 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Anyone else absolutely hate the way Fernandes behaves towards opposition players and referees (even his own team mates and manager?). I'll give him credit as a quality player, but he gives me that same "villain" vibe ala Suarez (or as rival fans had towards Costa), though doesn't seem to attract the same level of media vilification that Suarez and Costa did. United player privilege perhaps? 

I don't think (and know you don't either, just saying) Suarez and Costa belong in the same bracket no matter who you support. One used bog-standard centre forward wind up tricks you see up and down the league but just did them extremely effective, the other is a cheating racist b*stard.

Fernandes is irritating as an opposition player, but I don't think a villain type. He dives, sure. But loads do. What I like about him though is that he demands a high level from his team mates and delivers the high level himself. And he's a crap loser. In that sense he's more, to me, like peak Fabregas on steroids. We could do with a few who had an attitude like his, imo. 

• Like 1