• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I don't think (and know you don't either, just saying) Suarez and Costa belong in the same bracket no matter who you support. One used bog-standard centre forward wind up tricks you see up and down the league but just did them extremely effective, the other is a cheating racist b*stard.

Too kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

There hasn't been much noise for a long time and that's with him being on the bench for a year. Thinking back, Christensen was obviously great under Conte but he also pretty good under Sarri. Towards the end of that season Rudiger was injured and he stepped up and performed very well in the Europa final. Perhaps another written off too quickly under questionable management. I was certainly one of those who thought he wasn't up to it but re-evaluating after recent performances. 

Christensen was always decent as the baller in a back three. Put him in a back four or in Azpi’s/Rudigers positions and he becomes a different player. 

It’s fine to use him as long as we intend to play as a three. A back four is impossible with Christensen in it. Ditto Rudiger. I haven’t seen anything so far under Tuchel that makes me reconsider that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

It’s fine to use him as long as we intend to play as a three. A back four is impossible with Christensen in it. Ditto Rudiger. I haven’t seen anything so far under Tuchel that makes me reconsider that.

You probably will not this season.

What is bizarre - at gladbach and demark he played in a 442 system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Christensen was always decent as the baller in a back three. Put him in a back four or in Azpi’s/Rudigers positions and he becomes a different player. 

It’s fine to use him as long as we intend to play as a three. A back four is impossible with Christensen in it. Ditto Rudiger. I haven’t seen anything so far under Tuchel that makes me reconsider that. 

I don't think it's a formation issue, more the style of play. Put Christensen in the City or Liverpool (of last year) sides and he would do very well. Equally I don't think he or a Stones would look like a world beater playing for Newcastle. Systems make a huge difference, putting players in places that plays to their strengths and avoids exposing their weaknesses is key. Maguire is a monster in the air but I have major doubts whether he could fit into the defence of a serious contender. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal have turned it at around at Leicester,2-1 to Arsenal with Arsenal resting players.

I know we want Arsenal to win, but I just can't support them, Pepe and lacazette falling to the floor if anyone goes near them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Luiz and Willian playing well. Doing their bit for Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Luiz and Willian playing well. Doing their bit for Chelsea.

These scenarios are weird for me. Obviously Leicester losing is good for us but I hate Arsenal so much that I don’t want them to win either 😂

Couldn’t care less about Willian but I still miss David Luiz 🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

These scenarios are weird for me. Obviously Leicester losing is good for us but I hate Arsenal so much that I don’t want them to win either 😂

Couldn’t care less about Willian but I still miss David Luiz 🤭

Same for me .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You probably will not this season.

What is bizarre - at gladbach and demark he played in a 442 system

Gladbach back 3 no ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

These scenarios are weird for me. Obviously Leicester losing is good for us but I hate Arsenal so much that I don’t want them to win either 😂

Couldn’t care less about Willian but I still miss David Luiz 🤭

 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Same for me .

A win today for arsenal and us leaves us 3 points off 2nd place. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now