• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 0

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

These scenarios are weird for me. Obviously Leicester losing is good for us but I hate Arsenal so much that I don’t want them to win either 😂

The older I've got the less schadenfreudey (or whatever the better word is) I've got about football and rival clubs losing, mostly because I know really good people who happen to support those clubs and who I've been able to be happy for when their teams do well. Still haven't lost it with Arsenal though, and don't think I ever will. Them losing will always elicit at least a smirk.

Leicester were really poor in the Europe game. They came apart around this stage (if not time) last season, and in fairness to them they've been having to manage for a while now with key players either out or struggling for fitness. Don't watch enough of them to have a strong view on them but perhaps their efforts so far are catching up with them.

Who wants to lead the bets on what Harry Maguire will be allowed to get away with today, and how soon after he'll score a vital goal?

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The older I've got the less schadenfreudey (or whatever the better word is) I've got about football and rival clubs losing, mostly because I know really good people who happen to support those clubs and who I've been able to be happy for when their teams do well. Still haven't lost it with Arsenal though, and don't think I ever will. Them losing will always elicit at least a smirk.

Leicester were really poor in the Europe game. They came apart around this stage (if not time) last season, and in fairness to them they've been having to manage for a while now with key players either out or struggling for fitness. Don't watch enough of them to have a strong view on them but perhaps their efforts so far are catching up with them.

Who wants to lead the bets on what Harry Maguire will be allowed to get away with today, and how soon after he'll score a vital goal?

I think I must be an awful person whereas you are a 😇

15 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I think I must be an awful person whereas you are a 😇

I think that's very unlikely! Just unfortunate enough to have Spurs supporters in the family and to have befriended scousers before they revealed their colours!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Kicking the referee up the a***, before nutmegging him into the goal?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Some bad injuries for Leicester today, Barnes looks like he's done for the season. If you look past the starting 11 their squad does look bare, the Europa result wasn't good. Similar to last year I think they're about to drop off. 

Turning into a must win game...Arsenal winning 3-1, Spurs already wiping the floor with burnley, 3-0 after 30 mins.

if Liverpool win later and Everton win tomorrow it's getting very congested  at the top

Gareth: Hair by Franco for Mr Whippy.

12 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Turning into a must win game...Arsenal winning 3-1, Spurs already wiping the floor with burnley, 3-0 after 30 mins.

if Liverpool win later and Everton win tomorrow it's getting very congested  at the top

Well, yes and no. We're playing catch-up in trying to manage a bare-minimum expectation after a poor first half to the season, so there's not really any games we can afford poor results in. This isn't any different in that respect. And the table already is congested, and will be staying that way right through until game 38.

I think we need to stop thinking about the table right now and where the next set of results could leave us. It doesn't matter. Plenty of sides are in a position where one win leaves them feeling they are in contention and one defeat plummets them into midtable. What matters is what kind of form can be expected across a series of games. A win today doesn't really bring us significantly closer to finishing top 4 and a defeat doesn't close it off.

I think a win is more important for morale and sending a message than it is for the result tbh.

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think a win is more important for morale and sending a message than it is for the result tbh.

Absolutely.

We must not allow the situation to escalate so we go into every game against them beaten before we start thinking they have some kind of hoodoo over us .