JaneB

Liverpool 0 Chelsea 1

Diddymen   
50 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It can mean only one thing...

Charity FC incoming?

1 minute ago, Diddymen said:

Charity FC incoming?

Of course, it’s what we’ve been best over the last couple of seasons, so why change now?

Diddymen   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

After the disappointing result against Man Utd, this now becomes even bigger and I don’t think we can afford to drop any points.

I just really struggle to see where goals are coming from with this current setup.

I expect Tuchel will rotate players back in for this, but I would hope to see:

Mendy

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

James Jorginho Kante Chillwel

Mount Werner Pulisic

Surely Havertz has to play (at some point). Just to see if he can bring anything difrerent

1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Surely Havertz has to play (at some point). Just to see if he can bring anything difrerent

Completely agree, just think starting him vs Liverpool is too much of a risk, but I think we need to start see him be integrated into the team sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

bert19   
12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's shaping up perfectly for VAR to ensure a Liverpool victory and the narrative to be "they got away with one against United , swings and roundabouts".

And voila Liverpool back in the top four where SKY and the Premier League want them .

I don't think it'll need VAR.  They're always up for us, even when they're terrible and they'll be desperate to avoid 5 defeats in a row at home. The narrative doesn't need to be VAR either, it's Sky and Liverpool vs Chelsea.  Narrative has been in place for a long, long time now. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It can mean only one thing...

The thing is, what are we going to do to win this game? IF we're going to beat them, it means we're going to have to change quite a lot about how we're playing over the next 48 hours without some of the players that have made sudden recoveries under the new manager reverting to type again.  I think we're in for a hard time on Thursday night, we could get really found out.  

What does this side and particularly this setup do if it goes 1-0 down early on (we often do that against Liverpool) and we need two goals or more to win with our current attacking output? I think we can all probably guess at the struggles we'll suffer with.  Will Tuchel be prepared to change shape or approach for a more attack-minded approach?

I'd be very surprised if we get anything at all on Thursday night.  It might be a harsh wake up call that however we're setup, we need to be doing a lot more going forward to win games. 

bert19   
45 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Completely agree, just think starting him vs Liverpool is too much of a risk, but I think we need to start see him be integrated into the team sooner rather than later.

If for no other reason that we desperately need to find ways to increase our attacking output

5 hours ago, bert19 said:

If for no other reason that we desperately need to find ways to increase our attacking output

I wouldn't put him in for this one but I am keen to see him get another run in the team now. 

I do wonder if he could be used as a false 9 similar to how he was used at Leverkusen at the end of last season? I can envisage him dropping off and leaving spaces for Werner to make runs in to - could get the best out of both of them and still keeps Mason in the team? Getting runners beyond him will be the key though and I'm dubious whether we have the players who want to do that.

First loss coming up for tuchel . We should go straight after them because there defence is all over the place . But can see tuchel being ultra defensive and we lose 1-0 hope I’m wrong but he’s to negative in his approach to games