• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

2.33 PPG since TT arrived. 

It was Kai's 2nd start. The first one being a draw and a really overall poor performance against wolves

Mount played and has basically carried the attack in most of those games. The last time he did not start was wolves.

Werner has been "dangerous" and still not scoring goals. 

Credit where credit is due, both the Germans were quite good, but given how poor they were (werner against low blocks and playing as false 9 and Kai in general), I just felt that we would be found wanting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great performance again.  But for Pickford and poor finishing, we would have thrashed Everton for the second season in a row.  Havertz was class, and our defence (AC, Dave and Zouma) didn't give Calvert-Lewin or Richarlison a kick.  Now for Leeds on Saturday.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
10 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

As a few other people have said, after a season of non-progress making up numbers in training, Gilmour will need a loan next season. The return of Gallagher could be an option to rotate with the three existing players that we have, or perhaps someone new if a different shape is considered.

Maybe it's just me but I've seen an awful lot of Gallagher and don't think he's anywhere near good enough. I've not seen one single performance where I thought "Wow there's a player in there".

Compare that with Gilmour who appears to have a far higher ceiling IMHO.

I see Gallagher as the next McEchran or Chalobah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Maybe it's just me but I've seen an awful lot of Gallagher and don't think he's anywhere near good enough. I've not seen one single performance where I thought "Wow there's a player in there".

Compare that with Gilmour who appears to have a far higher ceiling IMHO.

I see Gallagher as the next McEchran or Chalobah. 

Chalobah* has had 9 PL starts and none in serie A, so I think Gallacher is well ahead of him now with 21 PL starts.

As for Gilmour.  Ceilings are one things, floors are another.  21 starts for WBA suggests Gallacher has a very respectable floor.  I have no idea where Gilmour's is.

 

But the good news for Chalobah seems to be he is starting all the time this season now Watford have dropped to the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Maybe it's just me but I've seen an awful lot of Gallagher and don't think he's anywhere near good enough. I've not seen one single performance where I thought "Wow there's a player in there".

Compare that with Gilmour who appears to have a far higher ceiling IMHO.

I see Gallagher as the next McEchran or Chalobah. 

I agree Ham, I have watched him a lot also and he is good energetic midfielder, but not a player I am excited about who will come into this Chelsea side and make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I agree Ham, I have watched him a lot also and he is good energetic midfielder, but not a player I am excited about who will come into this Chelsea side and make a difference.

The same could have been said about mount, when being promoted from the championship. The club don't get it wrong very often; with Gallagher being the loaner they are paying special attention too. I suspect Ampadu is in the mix somewhere

DWMH is correct with Gilmour, saying he needs more miles on the clock before being considered to a slot in the 1st team squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
9 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The same could have been said about mount, when being promoted from the championship.

Mount is / was a different level. Look through their youth history, Mount was playing for England above his age group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Mount is / was a different level. Look through their youth history, Mount was playing for England above his age group. 

Miles apart , Gallagher is ok , Mount is going to be a star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2021 at 0:49 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Miles apart , Gallagher is ok , Mount is going to be a star.

Mount is already a star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.