• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

I think you are going off-topic and creating a strawman all in one breath. You might as well ask me if I am saying that heaven is under the earth. 

Back to the topic, Chilwell is a better defender than Alonso. But offensively, Alonso has offered more than Chilwell, on their records for Chelsea so far. I expected better from Chilwell upfront. That is why I said I am disappointed. It's not even about getting to the edge of the box. His final ball often lacks any target. That is not good enough at this level. 

I think Chilwell was decent against United and excellent against Liverpool. He's been class for 90% of this season besides the 3 games before United. He's in another league to Alonso, quicker, more comfortable in possession, superior defending and a better delivery. Alonso is better in both penalty areas but Chilwell is still great at that also. Really don't understand the criticism. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I think you are going off-topic and creating a strawman

No strawman,

just don’t understand how able contradict yourself on who’s the better player. 

Alonso is now at 30 is very one dimensional player who’s skill sets excels in a certain formation and tactics. His particular skill sets were not right for the dippers game and was proven by the result. 

Everton on the other hand are a different proposition and are more suited to Alonso skill sets, therefore I would not be surprised if he is a starter tomorrow. 

Finally. If TT had gone with a back 4, how many games do you think Alonso would have started?  

Holymoly   

Always wary of a Carlo side. Hopefully TT has learned there are no easy games in the Premier League. 

paulw66   

Not a great weekend in terms of other results. Need to win. 

If we do, 6 points from Liverpool and Everton would really put us in great stead ahead of some "nicer" fixtures coming up. 

16 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Always wary of a Carlo side. Hopefully TT has learned there are no easy games in the Premier League. 

can't see how he could ever confuse 4th v 5th as easy.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Not a great weekend in terms of other results.

Who cares about the others, it a case of keep looking forward and reaching ~75pts.

In the words of Arthur Daley: Tonight should be a nice little earner Terry

Ruudboy   

Just a shame we can't watch it in the Winchester, with a large VAT (Dave must be close to boracic now, with all this lockdown).

• Haha 1

Ham   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Just a shame we can't watch it in the Winchester, with a large VAT (Dave must be close to boracic now, with all this lockdown).

Dave doesn't allow a TV. He didn't even allow music until Arthur sold him that plano. 

Ruudboy   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Dave doesn't allow a TV. He didn't even allow music until Arthur sold him that plano. 

True, I keep forgetting that. But he does have a radio there for the racing, so presumably he'd allow the occasional use for a big match? 

paulw66   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Who cares about the others, it a case of keep looking forward and reaching ~75pts.

In the words of Arthur Daley: Tonight should be a nice little earner Terry

75 points requires 9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. 

Can't see it.